Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,213 Members 39,973 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 4.3 rom on 4.2

Tip us?

dirtyjerzz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] 4.3 rom on 4.2

quick question.

i have a stock rom (4.2.2) tmobile galaxy s4 with the ktoonz kernal, and i want to flash wicked v10 to it. wicked is a 4.3 rom, and im not trying to brick my phone.

ive been searching for a little bit, and i keep finding talk about flashing a bootloader and radio, or using odin to download a new modem... but i have yet to find any solid answers when it comes to this on the tmobile gs4. can someone provide some insight?

baseballfanz
Old
Thanks Meter 1709
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyjerzz View Post
quick question.

i have a stock rom (4.2.2) tmobile galaxy s4 with the ktoonz kernal, and i want to flash wicked v10 to it. wicked is a 4.3 rom, and im not trying to brick my phone.

ive been searching for a little bit, and i keep finding talk about flashing a bootloader and radio, or using odin to download a new modem... but i have yet to find any solid answers when it comes to this on the tmobile gs4. can someone provide some insight?
You shouldn't have any problems flashing Wicked V10. I'm still on the MDL bootloader and used a variety of 4.3 and now 4.4.2 ROM.
You might want to update your modem however (If you're getting data drop when screen off, if not no worry).
The Following User Says Thank You to baseballfanz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dirtyjerzz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballfanz View Post
You shouldn't have any problems flashing Wicked V10. I'm still on the MDL bootloader and used a variety of 4.3 and now 4.4.2 ROM.
You might want to update your modem however (If you're getting data drop when screen off, if not no worry).
how would i do that? im still partially newb when it comes to this stuff.

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyjerzz View Post
how would i do that? im still partially newb when it comes to this stuff.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2544612

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

dirtyjerzz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
^thanks!

nccountrymike
Old
Thanks Meter 4
You shouldn't have a problem. I went from rooted stock 4.2.2 straight to flashing 4.4.2 and the NB4 modem all while still keeping the MDL bootloader. Just follow the instructions in the op after reading the rest of the comments.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk