Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] 4.3 rom on 4.2

OP dirtyjerzz

25th March 2014, 12:07 AM   |  #1  
dirtyjerzz's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Montague
Thanks Meter: 0
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
quick question.

i have a stock rom (4.2.2) tmobile galaxy s4 with the ktoonz kernal, and i want to flash wicked v10 to it. wicked is a 4.3 rom, and im not trying to brick my phone.

ive been searching for a little bit, and i keep finding talk about flashing a bootloader and radio, or using odin to download a new modem... but i have yet to find any solid answers when it comes to this on the tmobile gs4. can someone provide some insight?
25th March 2014, 12:13 AM   |  #2  
baseballfanz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sugar Land TX
Thanks Meter: 1,718
 
6,694 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyjerzz

quick question.

i have a stock rom (4.2.2) tmobile galaxy s4 with the ktoonz kernal, and i want to flash wicked v10 to it. wicked is a 4.3 rom, and im not trying to brick my phone.

ive been searching for a little bit, and i keep finding talk about flashing a bootloader and radio, or using odin to download a new modem... but i have yet to find any solid answers when it comes to this on the tmobile gs4. can someone provide some insight?

You shouldn't have any problems flashing Wicked V10. I'm still on the MDL bootloader and used a variety of 4.3 and now 4.4.2 ROM.
You might want to update your modem however (If you're getting data drop when screen off, if not no worry).
The Following User Says Thank You to baseballfanz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th March 2014, 12:29 AM   |  #3  
dirtyjerzz's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Montague
Thanks Meter: 0
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballfanz

You shouldn't have any problems flashing Wicked V10. I'm still on the MDL bootloader and used a variety of 4.3 and now 4.4.2 ROM.
You might want to update your modem however (If you're getting data drop when screen off, if not no worry).

how would i do that? im still partially newb when it comes to this stuff.
25th March 2014, 02:29 AM   |  #4  
serio22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 896
 
2,588 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyjerzz

how would i do that? im still partially newb when it comes to this stuff.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2544612


Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
25th March 2014, 04:51 AM   |  #5  
dirtyjerzz's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Montague
Thanks Meter: 0
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
^thanks!
25th March 2014, 10:45 AM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
You shouldn't have a problem. I went from rooted stock 4.2.2 straight to flashing 4.4.2 and the NB4 modem all while still keeping the MDL bootloader. Just follow the instructions in the op after reading the rest of the comments.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes