FORUMS

T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Battery Woes

I’ve been using a T-Mobile Galaxy S6 since the device launched with T-mobile’s … more

Earthquake Early Warning in Your Pocket

Probably all of us reading this have a smartphone in our pocket. For many of us, the … more

Sony: The OEM You Want To Save

In our recent Discuss article, we asked you readers on which OEM you would like to help. While the … more

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

[Q] Strange charging problem

32 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
 
By 5ch, Member on 24th March 2014, 11:18 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Last night i pluged my lg g2 to charge it. After 1 hour when i checked it was only 5% charged and very hot. I restarted it and after that it was charging fine. I had 1 app running and it was DOTS. Can it be becouse of DOTS? Did someone expiriance this problem before? Do i have to worry?
 
 
24th March 2014, 11:50 PM |#2  
joeyvanhummel's Avatar
Member
Flag Arnhem
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ch

Last night i pluged my lg g2 to charge it. After 1 hour when i checked it was only 5% charged and very hot. I restarted it and after that it was charging fine. I had 1 app running and it was DOTS. Can it be becouse of DOTS? Did someone expiriance this problem before? Do i have to worry?

Considering the battery being LiPoly, I'd definitely be worried if it happens again.
What do you mean by very hot? Too hot to touch? What area was hot? The upper side of the phone or the middle/lower part?
If it was the upper part, then that's where the logic circuitry is so not too big of a worry. If it was the middle/lower part, that's where the battery is so I'd start to worry there.

If I were you I'd keep a close eye on my battery temperatures when charging, and how the battery performs.
If you have the slightest doubt about your battery being damaged, bring it in for repairs. LiPoly batteries are dangerous with that kind of thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to joeyvanhummel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th March 2014, 12:12 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Nis
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyvanhummel

Considering the battery being LiPoly, I'd definitely be worried if it happens again.
What do you mean by very hot? Too hot to touch? What area was hot? The upper side of the phone or the middle/lower part?
If it was the upper part, then that's where the logic circuitry is so not too big of a worry. If it was the middle/lower part, that's where the battery is so I'd start to worry there.

If I were you I'd keep a close eye on my battery temperatures when charging, and how the battery performs.
If you have the slightest doubt about your battery being damaged, bring it in for repairs. LiPoly batteries are dangerous with that kind of thing.

I think it was uper part and battery was 40 C (105 F) when i checked over CPU-Z app. I charged it fine again just now. It was just once. Btw device is 4 days old. I didnt cycle it when i got it, i just use it regular.
25th March 2014, 12:20 PM |#4  
joeyvanhummel's Avatar
Member
Flag Arnhem
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ch

I think it was uper part and battery was 40 C (105 F) when i checked over CPU-Z app. I charged it fine again just now. It was just once. Btw device is 4 days old. I didnt cycle it when i got it, i just use it regular.

Alright then, I'm glad it's ok again!
25th March 2014, 12:44 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Nis
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Smile
Thank you for helping, u gave me some useful info.
25th March 2014, 12:58 PM |#6  
joeyvanhummel's Avatar
Member
Flag Arnhem
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ch

Thank you for helping, u gave me some useful info.

Good to hear
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes