Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,243 Members 52,927 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Battery charging issue.

Tip us?
 
m.b.jikre
Old
(Last edited by m.b.jikre; 18th April 2014 at 11:04 AM.)
#1  
m.b.jikre's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 171
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Pune
Exclamation [Q] Battery charging issue.

I'm facing too much battery charging issues on my Samsung Galaxy Note-II N7100. I've checked in application 'Galaxy Charging', the reference voltage is 1698mA and and my phone is just using 700mA - 1200mA. At first it'd start at 1800mA but after couple of mins it start to lowering he input/ output to ~300mA. Do you have any kind of solution on this? It started after update to 4.3. I think it is a bootloader problem, because it start to happen when I update rom to 4.3 on 4.1.2 charging works very well. And one question how much power is actually needed for Note ii in mA's. Pleas help!!!
 
cyberboob
Old
#2  
cyberboob's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 386
Posts: 656
Join Date: Apr 2012
Probably not bootloader related... but what bootloader are you using now?
Can check all details with Samsung Phone Info from play store.
You should be on Bootloader MJ5 or newer.
Is it an original battery or one you bought somewhere?
If you need help, check the FAQ first for whatever ROM you're on. Then ask questions.
 
m.b.jikre
Old
#3  
m.b.jikre's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 171
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Pune
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberboob View Post
Probably not bootloader related... but what bootloader are you using now?
Can check all details with Samsung Phone Info from play store.
You should be on Bootloader MJ5 or newer.
Is it an original battery or one you bought somewhere?
Phone's condition is very good, and every accessory is original.

The point is it started leaking the charging on update to 4.3, On 4.1.2. it works very well, and if it is not about bootloader what's the issue is about you'd say?
 
singhpratik87
Old
#4  
singhpratik87's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1537
Posts: 2,580
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.b.jikre View Post
Phone's condition is very good, and every accessory is original.

The point is it started leaking the charging on update to 4.3, On 4.1.2. it works very well, and if it is not about bootloader what's the issue is about you'd say?
i don't know how much current my phone was getting when on 4.1.2 but on 4.3/4.4 it varies from 1100-1400,so what i do now is when i plug my phone in i check GCC and it shows anything lower than 1300 i unplug replug my charger few times until it shows 1300 or 1400.Charging the phone is kernel related ,not bootloader related.Custom kernels can increase the charging current which enables charging the phone faster but it's not considered healthy for the battery in the long run.I haven't tested this feature cause i am quite happy with battery life on stock kernel,so try my method and report back
 
m.b.jikre
Old
#5  
m.b.jikre's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 171
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Pune
Quote:
Originally Posted by singhpratik87 View Post
i don't know how much current my phone was getting when on 4.1.2 but on 4.3/4.4 it varies from 1100-1400,so what i do now is when i plug my phone in i check GCC and it shows anything lower than 1300 i unplug replug my charger few times until it shows 1300 or 1400.Charging the phone is kernel related ,not bootloader related.Custom kernels can increase the charging current which enables charging the phone faster but it's not considered healthy for the battery in the long run.I haven't tested this feature cause i am quite happy with battery life on stock kernel,so try my method and report back
Thank you for help.

My problem also same, charging mostly at starts 1800 mA but when it gone down to 200~300 mA level it takes much more time. For e.g. in half-an-hr battery charges only 2-5%.
 
singhpratik87
Old
#6  
singhpratik87's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1537
Posts: 2,580
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.b.jikre View Post
Thank you for help.

My problem also same, charging mostly at starts 1800 mA but when it gone down to 200~300 mA level it takes much more time. For e.g. in half-an-hr battery charges only 2-5%.
well my phone usually charges from 20% to 100% within 2 hours 15 mins or so,and usually in the first one it charges around 40-45% /hour rate and then slows down cause that's how it's programmed so as not to blow the battery up by continuously charging it fast but it seems it charges really really slow for you,wonder if your charger is faulty?
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Droid X Receives KitKat Port, Upcoming Google Glass Firmware Improvements – XDA Developer TV

Android 4.4.3 lands on the European HTC … more

Calc+ is a Smart and Beautiful Android Calculator

As we’ve said inthe past, there are quite a few calculators available on Android. … more

Get Better Debug Data with Crash Report SDK

Developing an application is a hard and often times ungratifying task. It also requires quite a … more

Navigate to Your Favorite Places with LocationDetector

If you’re enjoying an active way of life, you probablytravel a lot, go fishing, … more