Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,708 Members 54,217 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No connection on store home

Tip us?

Tman2213
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default No connection on store home

Before you dismiss this as me not googling or doing my research hear me out please. I can't connect to the the play story due to a "connection time out" however unlike ever other post have found my connection timeout is exclusively localized to the Google play store home (i.e. default page that opens when you launch the app). i have flashed at least 7 roms cleanly (wiped factory / formated all the mounts that i should/ dalvik chache and normal chache, etc...) to no avail on both kit kat and jb.

Some one plese help !

cmonsterf50
Old
Thanks Meter 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman2213 View Post
Before you dismiss this as me not googling or doing my research hear me out please. I can't connect to the the play story due to a "connection time out" however unlike ever other post have found my connection timeout is exclusively localized to the Google play store home (i.e. default page that opens when you launch the app). i have flashed at least 7 roms cleanly (wiped factory / formated all the mounts that i should/ dalvik chache and normal chache, etc...) to no avail on both kit kat and jb.

Some one plese help !
Strange for sure. When you're going through initial setup are you logging into Google? I'm wondering if your profile is corrupted. Maybe try clearing data from play store and Google services. Are you on wifi or mobile when it's happening?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Current Devices:
Samsung Galaxy S4 - White (Sprint)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - White (2012)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (T217S)
Google ChromeCast

Super Moderator - themikmik.com
-------------------------------------------------------
Retired Devices:
Nexus 7 (2012)
HTC Evo LTE
Kindle Fire HD
HTC Evo 4G
BlackBerry 8330

cruise350
Old
Thanks Meter 573
Let me guess, at some point you cleared google services or framework to try to get an OTA. That is one of the problems caused by doing that. You will need to wipe data and cache for the play store and hope that works. Also, try to log into the play store from your computer and try to have it install something to your phone to re-establish your google id with your phone.
Phones & Tablets: Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 8", Evo 4g LTE, Evo 3D, Acer Iconia A500, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Ipad 2, Nabi 2,

Rom: Rooted Stock Odexed, Hotspot Mod, Xposed, Wanum, several other xposed tweaks
Firmware: NAE
Kernel: Stock
TWRP: 2.7.1.0

Tman2213
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
Let me guess, at some point you cleared google services or framework to try to get an OTA. That is one of the problems caused by doing that. You will need to wipe data and cache for the play store and hope that works. Also, try to log into the play store from your computer and try to have it install something to your phone to re-establish your google id with your phone.
I have tried wiping like this (how would i go about cleaning up a corrupt account?)

Tman2213
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Still unable to connect to home page

I still cant connect to the home store page buti seem to be able to search and go tot the other pages associated with the play store this if very frustrated. Please help if possible i am now on a completely stock ROM

chris-allen
Old
Thanks Meter 127
i would try creating a differant account...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

Tman2213
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-allen View Post
i would try creating a differant account...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app
i would but i have a ton of info for work on this one. also i called google and now thati am on factory again (which i really dont like) i was able to get ot the store home after being instructed to uninstall updates to the play store. however once i eneded the call and teh store updated again the issue re emerged.

Tman2213
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Bump

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app