Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,356 Members 39,139 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

system software not authorized by samsung message (SOLVED)

Tip us?

vk4559
Old
(Last edited by vk4559; 2nd January 2014 at 05:06 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default system software not authorized by samsung message (SOLVED)

can someone please please help me i tried to install odin on my phone, and now i have this "system software not authorized by samsung message" and i can not get into recovery or anything else it boots up to this yellow triangle with the message....can someone help me, i can get into odin mode but when i flash anything it boots up to the same yellow triangle with the system software not authorized screen everytime... please please someone help me...this is not my first go around with flashing or installing roms.
The Following User Says Thank You to vk4559 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ophbalance
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Your recovery partition has become corrupted. It's pretty easy to address. You can find Philz recovery in a tar format in the dev threads on here, which you then flash through ODIN, and you'll be able to continue rooting or whatever you were doing in the first place.
NookColor: CM7 Nightly 221 , OC@ 1300MHz
HP Touchpad: WebOS 3.0.4 OC@ 1.5GHz(for now), CM9 20120707 OC @ 1.5GHz
Sprint LG-LS670 CM7 Retired
T-mobile LG-P500 CM7
Sprint Galaxy S4 Surprisingly stock, but rooted and rolling the hotspot mod
(2) Nook HD+: Stock, as it belongs to the kids, and has the play store
The Following User Says Thank You to Ophbalance For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vk4559
Old
(Last edited by vk4559; 2nd January 2014 at 02:58 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophbalance View Post
Your recovery partition has become corrupted. It's pretty easy to address. You can find Philz recovery in a tar format in the dev threads on here, which you then flash through ODIN, and you'll be able to continue rooting or whatever you were doing in the first place.
i downloaded Philz recovery and flashed it odin and on reboot i still get the yellow triangle with system software not authorized by samsung message again....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	254.8 KB
ID:	2488624  

BIGSAMDA1ST
Old
Thanks Meter 212
Which build were you on? Just download whatever build you were on, put phone in download mode and flash that through Odin...That should get you back to stock.

GS4 Stock Rooted MJA 4.3,Philz Touch CWM,HotSpot Mod,Transparent Weather Widget...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BIGSAMDA1ST For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vk4559
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGSAMDA1ST View Post
Which build were you on? Just download whatever build you were on, put phone in download mode and flash that through Odin...That should get you back to stock.

GS4 Stock Rooted MJA 4.3,Philz Touch CWM,HotSpot Mod,Transparent Weather Widget...
I will give that a try and see if that will go thru....i know that when I flash anything it says it pass on Odin and when I reboot it goes back to the screen

BIGSAMDA1ST
Old
Thanks Meter 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by vk4559 View Post
I will give that a try and see if that will go thru....i know that when I flash anything it says it pass on Odin and when I reboot it goes back to the screen
Just remember that if you updated to 4.3 there is no reverting back to anything lower than that.

vk4559
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
my question is this fixable from where i am at with the phone, i believe i was on 4.2.2 mk2 just had this phone for about a day so cant exactly remember i know it has a The Blu Kuban rom on it

BIGSAMDA1ST
Old
Thanks Meter 212
Mk2 is 4.3 Go into settings > about phone/device and check what it is you are currently on.

vk4559
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
i can not boot into my homescreen or recovery im stuck at that yellow triangle with the error message...im going to find mk2 stock firmware and odin and see what i get

BIGSAMDA1ST
Old
Thanks Meter 212
Duh.. What was I thinking...lol The best bet is to go with the MK2 if thats what you strongly believe that you were last on..