Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,250 Members 41,591 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

webtop for epinter cm10.1

Tip us?

yoyocomeback
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default webtop for epinter cm10.1

does anyone have one?

ravilov
Old
(Last edited by ravilov; 26th March 2014 at 12:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1317

DONATE TO ME
You can't possibly be serious...
Have you ever seen a CM ROM that had webtop?

USE THE DAMN SEARCH FEATURE AND THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE, PEOPLE!

palmbeach05
Old
Thanks Meter 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyocomeback View Post
does anyone have one?
Lmfao!

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app

Scary Guy
Old
Thanks Meter 30
It was an honest question I guess. I mean with the new kernel it's at least somewhat possible now.

The only sad part is that no one cares about webtop.
Samsung Galaxy Note II SGH-i317 running SlimKat

Motorola Atrix 4G running Paranoid Android v2

Try Linux

NO GODS ~ NO MASETERS

andresrivas
Old
Thanks Meter 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary Guy View Post
It was an honest question I guess. I mean with the new kernel it's at least somewhat possible now.

The only sad part is that no one cares about webtop.
Its not. Is impossible. Hell, not even cm7 has webtop.

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2
Motorola Personal 501 -> Motorola StarTac -> Motorola v360 (1gb sd, iTunes, native, non-java apps) -> Motorola Rokr E2 (SDHC 8Gb, native apps, O.C., My own custom Rom, AWESOME PHONE) -> Motorola C115 (Custom Ringtones xD ) -> Motorola Milestone (A.K.A Droid) (Froyo, rooted, stolen :'( ) -> Motorola Atrix 4G (Blur ICS)

Yup. I've been a Motofan all my life so far...

yoyocomeback
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Thanks

Thank you, I am disappointed, but should have expected this seeing as it is this phone. One thing I am confused on is that in twrp backup it says there is a webtop partition.

ravilov
Old
(Last edited by ravilov; 26th March 2014 at 10:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1317

DONATE TO ME
What's so confusing about that? Of course there is the webtop partition, why wouldn't it be there?
The storage allocated to webtop doesn't just simply disappear into thin air just because CM ROMs can't make use of it.

yoyocomeback
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
So I am losing 150 megs to this partition?

ravilov
Old
Thanks Meter 1317

DONATE TO ME
Where did you come up with this number now??

The size of the webtop partition is about 756 MB. However this is just a partition like any other and you are free to repurpose it if you know how. There are other threads that deal with this if you care to search.

palmbeach05
Old
Thanks Meter 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyocomeback View Post
Thank you, I am disappointed, but should have expected this seeing as it is this phone. One thing I am confused on is that in twrp backup it says there is a webtop partition.
"should have expected this seeing as it is this phone."??? Jeez, why get our phone if you're going to refer to it as if its a disease or something. AFAIK, no CM has webtop support, something you clearly could have used the search bar for to figure that out. But you know, ppl can't do searches anymore. Oh well.

For our device, we have the following partitions that are important for ROMs and everyday use: boot, system, data, cache, and osh. boot is where the boot.img goes, system is where the main system goes, data and cache are for app data, saved settings, ect, and on custom ROMs, osh is an extended system partition while on a stock ROM it is used for webtop.

Please do your homework before posting and creating pointless threads like this in the future. You have 3 sr members who have posted on this thread. We know what we're talking about and have been here since the beginning (I joined up late, but was following since the release). This device has been out for 3 years now. If you have a question about something, chances are very high (99.999% (I won't say 100% just in case)) that the question/topic/issue has already been discussed/brought up/investigated/researched/identified/fixed/etc.

The kernel for AtrICS/CM9/CM10.1 remains our focus at the moment, because these are the three most stable and advanced ROMs we have. CM10.2 does exist, however it has major data/network issues that need work with. When the current kernel project is complete, or at least as complete as we can get it with the maximum amount of stability, if krystian or a developer would like to do so, a 4.3/4.4 kernel will be worked on. I remain doubtful that we will see that day, but I do not give up hope.

Furthermore, webtop is dead. All current devices have tablet mode, which is merely projecting your home screen onto a tv/monitor.