FORUMS

Xiaomi Mi Note Pro With SD-810 Goes On Sale In China

The Xiaomi Mi Note Pro, announced on 15th Jan 2015, is Xiaomi’s attempt at … more

Project Fi Invites Are Rolling Out

Google is now sending out the first wave of invites to its new wireless service, Project Fi. … more

Vinsic 20,000mAh Ultra Slim Power Bank Giveaway

We have covered a lot of Android Accessories here on XDA TV. Mostly because we realize … more

T-Mobile Steps Up The War Against Verizon

T-Mobile has today launched a new attack on Verizon under the tagline of “Never Settle … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

What us custom recovery

25th March 2014, 05:49 AM |#1  
thahim's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 160
 
More
I rooted my phone few days ago and its working flawlessly.
I want to know what is custom recovery and do I need it.
If so how can I install it?

Sorry for spelling in title
Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005
Last edited by thahim; 25th March 2014 at 06:02 AM.
 
 
25th March 2014, 05:55 AM |#2  
fahadali2315's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 5,961
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thahim

I rooted my phone few days ago and its working flawlessly.
I want to know what is custom recovery and do I need it.
If so how can I install it?

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005

Custom Recovery is used for making backups of your system , flashing new roms. Its more like an installer.
I like Twrp recovery.
CWM and twrp are the ones you can go for.
Just flash .tar file of the respective recovery through odin.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
25th March 2014, 07:54 AM |#3  
thahim's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 160
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahadali2315

Custom Recovery is used for making backups of your system , flashing new roms. Its more like an installer.
I like Twrp recovery.
CWM and twrp are the ones you can go for.
Just flash .tar file of the respective recovery through odin.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Can you tell me, Why do we need to backup our phone whats the benifit?
Is there any risk if I dont have a cwm?

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005
25th March 2014, 08:10 AM |#4  
fahadali2315's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 5,961
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thahim

Can you tell me, Why do we need to backup our phone whats the benifit?
Is there any risk if I dont have a cwm?

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005

you cannot flash any custom rom without one , and benefit is that if something goes wrong with your custom rom you restore your backup. to go to your original firmware.
25th March 2014, 08:13 AM |#5  
thahim's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 160
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahadali2315

you cannot flash any custom rom without one , and benefit is that if something goes wrong with your custom rom you restore your backup. to go to your original firmware.

So its only for custom roms?
I have rooted my stock rom


If I dont flash a custom rom so I dont need to have cwm yeah?

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005
25th March 2014, 08:15 AM |#6  
fahadali2315's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 5,961
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thahim

So its only for custom roms?
I have rooted my stock rom


If I dont flash a custom rom so I dont need to have cwm yeah?

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005

Yes you dont need recovery if you dont want custom roms

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to fahadali2315 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th March 2014, 08:22 AM |#7  
thahim's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 160
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahadali2315

Yes you dont need recovery if you dont want custom roms

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Alright thanks for helping me out I thought I i'm on risk after rooting my phone. 😞

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes