Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,008 Members 51,790 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ak-xGenesis-GEE Kernel

Tip us?

gearslam
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 107
Default Ak-xGenesis-GEE Kernel

This Kernel is a port of the anarkia1976's Ak-xGenesis kernel for Optimus G.
It is for GEE based ROM's only.

Performance, Stability, and overall Functionality was the primary goal.
It includes the features of the Nexus 4 Ak xGenesis Kernel with some additional GPU Overclocking, L2 Tweaks. It includes some fixes for rotation issues and 5Ghz WiFi.

For those not familiar with Boost Control:
It raises MIN clock speed when the screen is touched for a set period of time. By default it is enabled and set to adjust Core 0 & 1 to 918Mhz, Core 2 to 702 Mhz, and Core 3 to 594Mhz for 1sec. It can be turned on/off and the Frequency's and Duration can be adjusted using TricksterMOD under MP-Decision Control. So if it appears you MIN frequency isn't sticking this is the reason.

USB OTG is working.
I have used faux123's FauxClock App to activate OTG Hack Nexus 4 under Miscellaneous Tweaks. Then use Chainfire's StickMount to mount the Drive. It will be located under internal storage as usbStorage/sda1/

Source:
https://github.com/gearslam/Ak-xGenesis-gee-MHL

Versions:
1.1 - Fixed S2W in MHL version.

Downloads:

The downloads are broken down into SLIMPort and MHL builds.
The S2W function now works flawless under SLIMPort and MHL version.
Version's with MOD after them are for ThatKawaiiGuy's ROM's and unofficial CM11 ROM's built on and after 05/05/2014.

GEE Download:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3Vq3sppfNgnRDFDdnM2ZUdHLWs&usp=sha ring

GEEB Download:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3Vq3sppfNgnZG4yZjgyZGZLSW8&usp=sha ring

XDA:DevDB Information
Ak-xGenesis-gee, Kernel for the Sprint LG Optimus G

Contributors
gearslam, ak, faust93, ThatKawaiiGuy, xboxfanj
Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2014-05-07
Last Updated 2014-05-10
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to gearslam For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gearslam
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 107
Default Reserved

dopy25
Old
(Last edited by dopy25; 7th May 2014 at 09:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 85
Awesome!!! I'm going to DL now and flash. This is great! Glad you hooked this up.

Thank you!

Edit:
Do you know if these have the kexec-hardboot feature enabled that is required for the primary kernel to have in order to do the multirom?
Devices: Tmobile Wing (LOOONG GONE), [Huawei Mercury (dead), Evo 3D (retired after a long dirty life)] - Both Cricket - LG Optimus G Sprint ROM: PacMan 4.4.
and a few others in between.
The Following User Says Thank You to dopy25 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xboxfanj
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6171

DONATE TO ME
Awesome job, man.

If you need help with anything or just wanna chat, feel free to GTalk me at xboxlover360@gmail.com or PM me

The Following User Says Thank You to xboxfanj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MitoTakatori
Old
Thanks Meter 191
Really great job man! This is great!
Genius.

DEVICE: LG Optimus G Pro F240
ROM: VANIR 4.4.4

OTHER DEVICE:
Nokia X7 - MiG CFW 3.3

MitoTakatori
Old
Thanks Meter 191
Anyone tried this yet? I seem to experience freezes.
Genius.

OTHER DEVICE:
Nokia X7 - MiG CFW 3.3

Unreal_Shogo
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitoTakatori View Post
Anyone tried this yet? I seem to experience freezes.
I'm using slimport version and work great, no freeze
Device: LG Optimus G E975

"Primum non nocere"
The Following User Says Thank You to Unreal_Shogo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MitoTakatori
Old
Thanks Meter 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal_Shogo View Post
I'm using slimport version and work great, no freeze
I see. I was on MHL when I have the freezes. I am on SlimPort now. Seems to be better.

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

@gearslam, mate, what kind of cable did you use in order for the USG OTG to work? Did you just enabled the OTG hack using Faust Clock, then mounted drive using stickmount? Can you post a step by step info regarding it? I really want to test it. Thanks!!!
Genius.

OTHER DEVICE:
Nokia X7 - MiG CFW 3.3

grunch21
Old
(Last edited by grunch21; 9th May 2014 at 03:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 65
Great! Have been waiting for ak mod, thanks for this.
Just tested this on carbon gee, overall it feels snappy and battery life is pretty good too. However, i'm experiencing ghost touches occasionally (didn't happen previously with matrix-MOD and i wasn't charging either). I uv'd 100mV, 384 @ 725 mV. Could that be the cause? I'm using the SLIMport version btw.
Thanks!

EDIT: Experiencing screen freezes and ghost touches several times a day with slimport and mhl, default setting, no uv and oc, dt2w enabled. And it seems s2w always active even though i didn't enable it. Please fix this issue. Also could you pls add init.d to tweak colors? I feel the default color setting too dark.

EDIT2: Apparently those issues only happen on carbon gee, or some tweaks i made. Working flawlessly on official slim geeb and lego rom. Apologize..

fjsferreira
Old
Thanks Meter 876
First kernel where slide2wake works 100% of the time! You should share what you did in this regard (if anything) for other people to include your implementation in their kernel Awesome work man!
You still don't use Dropbox? WTF?
Install it here and both of us receive 500Mb free.

The Following User Says Thank You to fjsferreira For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]