Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,272 Members 43,912 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]cm11 on mk2?

Tip us?

The Jack of Clubs
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 467
Default [Q]cm11 on mk2?

im driving myself insane reading threads and getting confused. i just got an s4 i337 and its running mk2. i really want to run cm11 or atleast a stock aosp rom. im not enjoying touchwiz at all. am i even able to do that? i got saferoot and safestrap but after that im confused.

guut13
Old
Thanks Meter 1,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jack of Clubs View Post
im driving myself insane reading threads and getting confused. i just got an s4 i337 and its running mk2. i really want to run cm11 or atleast a stock aosp rom. im not enjoying touchwiz at all. am i even able to do that? i got saferoot and safestrap but after that im confused.
Negative. Only touchwiz based roms will work with 4.3 MK2.

Your best bet is using an AOSP themed ROM such as blackbox or purified. You can find some more info here... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2616221

Or, more simply, install a new launcher such as apex or nova and then you won't have to worry about touchwiz

The Jack of Clubs
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 467
That's extremely disappointing. I'm really starting to hate this phone and I think I'm going to call att tomorrow and see if I can get something else. Perhaps an htc one or lg g2. But this isn't going to work out. This is not the level of customization I want. Touch wiz goes deeper than just the launcher, and what happens in another year or two when att stops providing updates? No, I'm done and I don't want this thing anymore. Bad ATT and bad Samsung.

Sent from my TouchPad using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

BoloTank
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jack of Clubs View Post
I'm no expert, but anything other than MDB and MDL means a locked bootloader. AFAIK that means, all safestrap does is let you load a different rom, but that rom has to be based on the touchwiz kernel. That means no AOSP and that means no CM11. I'm in the same boat.