Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,386 Members 38,394 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Installation Aborted - Status 7 (expected 5 arguments, got 4)

Tip us?

The French Tickl3r
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Default Installation Aborted - Status 7 (expected 5 arguments, got 4)

I've been trying to flash TheAxman 's [ROMS][ViSiON-X STOCK SHOP][i9505/i337][ViS-STOCK][STABLE BASES][03-18] but i keep getting a status 7, installation aborted error which claims that the the expected number of arguments is 5, got 4.

the steps i did to get this error message were:
wipe data/ factory reset --> wipe cache --> format system --> wipe dalvik --> install VisionX's rom

My device is the i337m, its unlocked im with telus

i attached a screenshot of the about phone info for reference.

The device is rooted using cf-auto, and has cwm 6.0.4.7 installed, running on 4.2.2 stock ROM

Now from what i understood in the installation instructions, I should be flashing my carrier's kernel after installing the new ROM, but i cant even get past the rom installation.. I read around the forums that this might be due to a broken updater script, I 'm also iffy as to where/ how I could get a hold of my carriers kernel file to use after (hopefully) i get Vision-X installed on the device..

according to ktoonsez, I should use [KERNEL][TMO][AOSP/TW/GE - 4.4/4.3/4.2][03/12/2014] KT-SGS4 - MJ5 - KTweaker

lastly, i dont know if this is relevant, but in the CWM log i have a message that shows up saying the following

"can't partition non mmcblk device: /devices/platform/msm_sdcc . 2/mmc_host/mmc2"

thank you in advance for your time and assistance
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-18-13-26-42.png
Views:	118
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	2637294  

The French Tickl3r
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Anyone?

happiness is a warm mug
Certified Couch Tester

Current: Xperia SP Stock
Past:
OnePlus One CyanogenMod 11S
Galaxy S5
Galaxy S4; Samy Deluxe Jelly Biafra
Nexus 4; Z1 ROM (xperia)
Galaxy S3;
Galaxy S2; HellKat (Diablo kernel)

DeadlySin9
Old
Thanks Meter 626

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by The French Tickl3r View Post
I've been trying to flash TheAxman 's [ROMS][ViSiON-X STOCK SHOP][i9505/i337][ViS-STOCK][STABLE BASES][03-18] but i keep getting a status 7, installation aborted error which claims that the the expected number of arguments is 5, got 4.

wipe data/ factory reset --> wipe cache --> format system --> wipe dalvik --> install VisionX's rom

The device is rooted using cf-auto, and has cwm 6.0.4.7 installed, running on 4.2.2 stock ROM

Now from what i understood in the installation instructions, I should be flashing my carrier's kernel after installing the new ROM, but i cant even get past the rom installation.. I read around the forums that this might be due to a broken updater script, I 'm also iffy as to where/ how I could get a hold of my carriers kernel file to use after (hopefully) i get Vision-X installed on the device..

according to ktoonsez, I should use [KERNEL][TMO][AOSP/TW/GE - 4.4/4.3/4.2][03/12/2014] KT-SGS4 - MJ5 - KTweaker

lastly, i dont know if this is relevant, but in the CWM log i have a message that shows up saying the following

"can't partition non mmcblk device: /devices/platform/msm_sdcc . 2/mmc_host/mmc2"

Check if your download is good first. However, I don't believe you can use that kernel as it says I337 and not I337m.
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadlySin9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

The French Tickl3r
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Thumbs up Installation Aborted - Status 7 (expected 5 arguments, got 4) > Reply to Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9 View Post
Check if your download is good first. However, I don't believe you can use that kernel as it says I337 and not I337m.
thank you for your input, I will redownload the file to cross that out. as for the kernel, how/where might I be able to find it? Can I simply use the stock kernel on 4.2.2 from telus ?

DeadlySin9
Old
Thanks Meter 626

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
thank you for your input, I will redownload the file to cross that out. as for the kernel, how/where might I be able to find it? Can I simply use the stock kernel on 4.2.2 from telus ?
Stock kernel will work as long as you're only using other 4.2.2 Touchwiz ROMs. Otherwise, you can check the development section for any kernel thread that lists I337m

Past Devices:
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadlySin9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blankingblank
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9 View Post
Stock kernel will work as long as you're only using other 4.2.2 Touchwiz ROMs. Otherwise, you can check the development section for any kernel thread that lists I337m
Kernel is right. TMO for the I337M.

I've had status 7 errors before using philz and they were solved using 1 of 2 methods. First, I would check the rom for asserts (txt at the beginning of the updater-script that checks ur device version code against those intended for the roms use). If u find an assert in the script, just delete it and try the install again.

Second thing u could try that worked for me was (idk if standard cwm has this option but philz does) checking the 'allow old update binary' box in the settings. If it's not there, try philz or twrp.

Lastly, like deadly said, don't flash the kernel til u get the ROM to boot. That way troubleshooting is easier
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blankingblank For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

The French Tickl3r
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
thank you both for your valuable input. I will give it another shot
Certified Couch Tester

Past:
Galaxy S5
Nexus 4; Z1 ROM (xperia)
Galaxy S3;

Pika71
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Cool Recovery..

Quote:

that recovery using these?

The French Tickl3r
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
I switched to twrp 2.6.3.0, and im not getting the stat7 error anymore. granted, im also trying to flash a different rom, slimkat.

problem now is that im getting stuck on the splash screen with the sammie logo..
Certified Couch Tester

Past:
Galaxy S5
Nexus 4; Z1 ROM (xperia)
Galaxy S3;

DeadlySin9
Old
Thanks Meter 626

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I switched to twrp 2.6.3.0, and im not getting the stat7 error anymore. granted, im also trying to flash a different rom, slimkat.

problem now is that im getting stuck on the splash screen with the sammie logo..
You flashed the ROM and Gapps and made sure to wipe data right? Also, which one are you flashing (which model)?

Past Devices:
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip