visit+us.png

credits.png

13383736644_962d364c7c_z.jpg

Vinchenzop

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 20, 2010
Hermitage, PA
faq.png

1. When will the next version be released?
Wrong question.​

2. How do I install the rom?!
Viper4G Install Instructions

1. IF YOU HAVEN'T UPDATED TO THE LATEST FIRMWARE/RECOVERY FOLLOW THE NEXT TWO LINES EXACTLY!
  2. Please Follow Directions in Capt's thread here. (I recommend using the "4.13.651.4 Firmware + TWRP Recovery" file.
  3. Download the the latest Viper4G full ROM zip
  4. Place the file somewhere on your phone storage. Alternatively, if you have a USB OTG cable (I have this exact one), you can place the rom on a USB key (FAT32, NTFS are all supported).
  5. Confirm the MD5 on the download page matches the MD5 of the file on your phone (ES File Explorer will show the MD5 of the file)
  6. Reboot to TWRP Recovery
  7. Backup current ROM if desired
  8. Install ROM using TWRP and select wipe during aroma install if coming from another base
  9. Reboot and Enjoy

If Aroma hangs up, reboot your recovery by holding power until phone resets...then before it begins booting up, hold volume down, load into recovery and try again.

3. How do install OTA (Over-The-Air) updates?
Settings - About - Software updates​

4. How do I restore my HEQS (Horizontal Enhanced Quick Settings)?
Try long pressing the date in the notification bar (Pressing the date for about 2 seconds will toggle between HEQS, Quick Launch bar and "nothing")​

5. How do I make my device look like stock?
To disable some of the tweaks, do the following:

1. Disable HEQS (Horizontal Enhanced Quick Settings): Long press the date in the notification bar for about 2 seconds to toggle between modes until it's hidden
  2. Disable Weather: Tweaks - Status Bar - Weather - Hide
  3. Disable Header Text (cpu usage, etc.): Tweaks - Status Bar - Header - Information - Hide
  4. Disable VEQS (Vertical Enhanced Quick Settings): Tweaks - Status Bar - Vertical quick settings - Disable

6. I have a problem with the ROM (FC, Boot Loop, apps closing automatically). How can I get my problem resolved?
First things first. Try wiping data and replicating the issue:
  1. Rebooting into Recovery
  2. Perform a Nandroid backup (of just Data if you wish)
  3. Flash the ROM and select the option to "Wipe Data"
  4. Try replicating the issue

If the problem persists, capture a logcat and send it to me.

To capture a logcat, If you have fastboot setup, you already have the drivers installed and probably already have adb.exe in the same folder as fastboot.exe:

1. Open the Command Prompt (run it as Administrator if UAC is enabled in Windows)
  2. run adb logcat >c:\logcat.txt
  3. To capture an FC, use the command adb shell "logcat | grep AndroidRuntime" >c:logcat.txt
  4. Press Control-C to stop logging
  5. Paste the contents of c:\logcat.txt into http://pastebin.com
  6. Post the link here with the problem being experienced

If you still have the issue, check to see if it's been reported here and create a new incident if it already hasn't: http://venomroms.com/forums/project.php?projectid=14

7. Whats the md5 sum thing?
It ensures, that the rom is downloaded correctly and completly to avoid weird issues when installing/using the rom. Google for "md5 sum checker" and you should find what you need.​

8. I found a theme or mod, will it work on this rom?
It's NOT recommended to use mod/themes that dont clearly state, that they are compatible with our rom. Thems/Mods always use framework files which will brake mods/stuff in our rom.​

9. My question is not listed here, what to do?
Ensure you used the xda search, google and your brain before asking a question in the thread. If you cant find an answer yourself we will answer your question for sure! (-:​

10. My media (pictures, music, etc.) is not listed in the Gallery/HTC Music/etc.
Try rescanning your SDCARD by using an app such as Media Scanner

11. What are the correct sizes for custom carrier logo?
Try 100x100​

12. Developer mode is no longer listed in Settings. How do I enable it?
Go to Settings - About - Software information - More and click on the Build number 7 times. (For real! ;))​

13. Insufficient storage error on app update/install in play store

14. Where can I find themes for this ROM, besides the HUB?
Jm@n has an official Viper4G 4.x.x Theme Thread found HERE

Signatures.png

13383875124_f3e43c0c18_o.png
13383658183_be25454655_o.png

Last edited:

Vinchenzop

Sep 20, 2010
Hermitage, PA
Yeah boi

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

All right all right! Very excited like a fat kid in a candy shop. Thanks vin for your hard work! :beer:

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Thanks guys, and of course, this should go without saying...you must follow the instructions for the sense 5.0 roms and upgrade your firmware/twrp before using this ROM!!!!!! More info can be found in captain_throwbacks 'official thread'

Last edited:

Jm@n

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 21, 2012
Bristol CT
I'll also be starting a new Viper4g 4.0.0 theme thread. All the Rosie/Prism theme apks are ok to use , but old 4g Statusbar themes will have to be redone , they will only change eqs icons and battery. HTC one sb themes will also work

Sent from ViperMax Sprint

chemjb

Nov 18, 2011
Pacoima
My utmost respect to the devs. Thank you for hanging with us all this time. Now let me find those donation links. Most well deserved.

Edit: just sent three donations for you guys.
Confirmation numbers
150173878Y900425Y
341741596U916240X
Thank you again and now some is flashing time.
?

Last edited:

MassStash

Sep 26, 2008
Chicago
My utmost respect to the devs. Thank you for hanging with us all this time. Now let me find those donation links. Most well deserved.

Confirmation numbers
150173878Y900425Y
341741596U916240X
?

Now that's gangster!

~Jflteusc runnin' latest Carbon Nightly
Latest KToonsez Kernel 2.1;189;480
Pegasusq
Row
Thermald:
Mpdecision:

Vinchenzop

Sep 20, 2010
Hermitage, PA

Confirmation numbers
150173878Y900425Y
341741596U916240X
?

Thank you...and I'll use this post as a reminder, don't use Viper4G keys on the playstore as a form of donation. Just use the Donation link(s) in the OP or under my username if you feel a desire to donate.

Thanks,
Vinchenzop

G

GuestK0087

Excellent work! Many thanks for keeping this device alive and well. So many tweaks, so little time. :)

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

AarSyl

Hey, Vin...nice work. It's always great to see devs who have been lurking in the shadows come out with great roms, even after they have gotten new devices. Our devices have lost a lot of attention, and you are among the few that are left. Kudos.

P.S.: Dang...that's a lot of toggles. Even more than Sense 4, if I'm not mistaken.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    downloads.png

Full ROMs:

Viper4G 4.0.0

MD5: 461ef81fe81493be8968288f9fb7ef80

changelog.png

Viper4G 4.0.0
    • Initial Release

faq.png

1. When will the next version be released?
    Wrong question.​

2. How do I install the rom?!
    Viper4G Install Instructions

1. IF YOU HAVEN'T UPDATED TO THE LATEST FIRMWARE/RECOVERY FOLLOW THE NEXT TWO LINES EXACTLY!
    2. Please Follow Directions in Capt's thread here. (I recommend using the "4.13.651.4 Firmware + TWRP Recovery" file.
    3. Download the the latest Viper4G full ROM zip
    4. Place the file somewhere on your phone storage. Alternatively, if you have a USB OTG cable (I have this exact one), you can place the rom on a USB key (FAT32, NTFS are all supported).
    5. Confirm the MD5 on the download page matches the MD5 of the file on your phone (ES File Explorer will show the MD5 of the file)
    6. Reboot to TWRP Recovery
    7. Backup current ROM if desired
    8. Install ROM using TWRP and select wipe during aroma install if coming from another base
    9. Reboot and Enjoy

If Aroma hangs up, reboot your recovery by holding power until phone resets...then before it begins booting up, hold volume down, load into recovery and try again.

3. How do install OTA (Over-The-Air) updates?
    Settings - About - Software updates​

4. How do I restore my HEQS (Horizontal Enhanced Quick Settings)?
    Try long pressing the date in the notification bar (Pressing the date for about 2 seconds will toggle between HEQS, Quick Launch bar and "nothing")​

5. How do I make my device look like stock?
    To disable some of the tweaks, do the following:

1. Disable HEQS (Horizontal Enhanced Quick Settings): Long press the date in the notification bar for about 2 seconds to toggle between modes until it's hidden
    2. Disable Weather: Tweaks - Status Bar - Weather - Hide
    3. Disable Header Text (cpu usage, etc.): Tweaks - Status Bar - Header - Information - Hide
    4. Disable VEQS (Vertical Enhanced Quick Settings): Tweaks - Status Bar - Vertical quick settings - Disable

6. I have a problem with the ROM (FC, Boot Loop, apps closing automatically). How can I get my problem resolved?
    First things first. Try wiping data and replicating the issue:
    1. Rebooting into Recovery
    2. Perform a Nandroid backup (of just Data if you wish)
    3. Flash the ROM and select the option to "Wipe Data"
    4. Try replicating the issue

If the problem persists, capture a logcat and send it to me.

To capture a logcat, If you have fastboot setup, you already have the drivers installed and probably already have adb.exe in the same folder as fastboot.exe:

1. Open the Command Prompt (run it as Administrator if UAC is enabled in Windows)
    2. run adb logcat >c:\logcat.txt
    3. To capture an FC, use the command adb shell "logcat | grep AndroidRuntime" >c:logcat.txt
    4. Press Control-C to stop logging
    5. Paste the contents of c:\logcat.txt into http://pastebin.com
    6. Post the link here with the problem being experienced

If you still have the issue, check to see if it's been reported here and create a new incident if it already hasn't: http://venomroms.com/forums/project.php?projectid=14

7. Whats the md5 sum thing?
    It ensures, that the rom is downloaded correctly and completly to avoid weird issues when installing/using the rom. Google for "md5 sum checker" and you should find what you need.​

8. I found a theme or mod, will it work on this rom?
    It's NOT recommended to use mod/themes that dont clearly state, that they are compatible with our rom. Thems/Mods always use framework files which will brake mods/stuff in our rom.​

9. My question is not listed here, what to do?
    Ensure you used the xda search, google and your brain before asking a question in the thread. If you cant find an answer yourself we will answer your question for sure! (-:​

10. My media (pictures, music, etc.) is not listed in the Gallery/HTC Music/etc.
    Try rescanning your SDCARD by using an app such as Media Scanner

11. What are the correct sizes for custom carrier logo?
    Try 100x100​

12. Developer mode is no longer listed in Settings. How do I enable it?
    Go to Settings - About - Software information - More and click on the Build number 7 times. (For real! ;))​

13. Insufficient storage error on app update/install in play store

14. Where can I find themes for this ROM, besides the HUB?
    Jm@n has an official Viper4G 4.x.x Theme Thread found HERE

Signatures.png

13383875124_f3e43c0c18_o.png
    13383658183_be25454655_o.png
    I'll also be starting a new Viper4g 4.0.0 theme thread. All the Rosie/Prism theme apks are ok to use , but old 4g Statusbar themes will have to be redone , they will only change eqs icons and battery. HTC one sb themes will also work

Sent from ViperMax Sprint