Phone [ROM][AOSP] Unofficial OmniROM 4.4.2 + Nightlies for all!

OP xHausx

23rd October 2013, 05:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 4,528

6,777 posts
Donate to Me
More

The Open ROM

Omni is a community-based project for the Android community which is Free^3:
Free to Use, Free to Modify, Free to Share. It's also about options, which is the beauty of Android

Introduction - What is OmniROM?
Omni is what custom ROMs used to be about – innovation, new features, transparency, community, and freedom. Our goal is to experiment with Android development because we enjoy it. Omni isn’t better, just different. It’s another option for the billion Android users out there. Android (vs. iOS and every other mobile OS) has thrived on options as well as the gigantic, talented development community that has emerged to build those options. That’s the beauty of Android – that you can pick and choose from a smorgasbord of devices with varying features and functionality.

Omni is a chance to get involved, no matter who you are. Developers, whether you’ve been developing apps for a week, or ROM features for 3 years, you’re welcome. Users, we know you want to help out, and now you can – Omni actively encourages bug reports and feature requests, which can be added to our publicly accessible roadmap.

Omni is about flexibility and giving users what they expect – and we are excited to see where the community goes with it.

What's Working
  • Support for old and new partition setups
  • Sound
  • Data / LTE
  • Voice
  • SMS
  • WiFi
  • Notification Lights
  • Sensors
  • GPS
  • other features TBD

What Needs Work
  • Under certain conditions (constant back and forth from 1x/evdo<->ehrpd/lte) the RIL will take it's ball and go home. This one I'm still working on getting sorted, but in the mean time toggling airplane mode will make it act right.
  • TBD - Let me know if you find more!

Downloads
  • See post #2

Code:
Disclaimer: Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, this work is provided on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY 
KIND, either express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranties or conditions of TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, or FITNESS FOR A 
PARTICULAR PURPOSE. You are solely responsible for determining the appropriateness of using or redistributing the software and assume any risks 
associated with your use of any information or software provided to you.

In no event and under no legal theory, whether in tort (including negligence), contract, or otherwise, unless required by applicable law (such as deliberate 
and grossly negligent acts) or agreed to in writing, shall any contributor be liable to you for damages, including any direct, indirect, special, incidental, 
or consequential damages of any character arising as a result of this or out of the use or inability to use the software (including but not limited to 
damages for loss of goodwill, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, or any and all other commercial damages or losses), even if such contributor has 
been advised of the possibility of such damages.

If any portion of this section is held invalid or unenforceable under any particular circumstance, the balance of the section is intended to apply and 
the section as a whole is intended to apply in other circumstances.
XDA:DevDB Information
Omnirom-jewel-unofficial, a ROM for the Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE

Contributors
xHausx
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: OmniROM

Version Information

Created 2013-10-23
Last Updated 2013-12-27
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	omni_kk.png
Views:	3801
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	2390199   Click image for larger version

Name:	omni_kk1.png
Views:	3672
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	2390200   Click image for larger version

Name:	omni_kk2.jpg
Views:	3876
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	2390201  
Last edited by xHausx; 14th March 2014 at 08:39 PM.
The Following 41 Users Say Thank You to xHausx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd October 2013, 05:17 AM   |  #2  
OP Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 4,528

6,777 posts
Donate to Me
More
Downloads

Sources

Thanks
Thanks go out to everyone below and everyone who has contributed to AOSP, CM, Omni and the Evo in general. This wouldn't be possible without the prior work of many people to get our device running with AOSP.
  • kushdeck for kernel, device repos, and telling me what needed to be done to the kernel
  • Toastcfh, intervigilium & Flemmard for kernel and device repos
  • Everyone who has contributed to OmniROM
  • The entire Cyanogenmod team for all they've done for the community
  • Entropy512, xplodwild, CaptainThrowback, eagleeyetom, jmztaylor, Pulser, GoblinZ, shortyishere and everyone on XDA and in #htc-evo-4g-lte who has helped me along the way
Last edited by xHausx; 31st March 2014 at 03:51 PM.
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to xHausx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd October 2013, 05:38 AM   |  #3  
Flag Granite Bay, California
Thanks Meter: 388

1,080 posts
Donate to Me
More
Nice. I tried building Omni also, gonna use yours though. Wouldn't trust myself around a computer, let alone a rom

Sent from a non-i****
23rd October 2013, 06:21 AM   |  #4  
Wallington, NJ
Thanks Meter: 149

389 posts
More
Awesome.. Something new to try..

-----Evo LTE..
23rd October 2013, 07:06 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2,847

8,464 posts
More
Haus. To seeyou sharing is awesome. You've brought us a million so far (radios, downgrades, etc,...you've taken huge risks for the community. Anything yoibuild, I will try

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scottspa74 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd October 2013, 07:13 AM   |  #6  
Flag Yuma, AZ
Thanks Meter: 835

724 posts
Donate to Me
More
Awesome man I also got a build with this and got it booted but same issue I had with this ROM
23rd October 2013, 01:45 PM   |  #7  
Flag San Antonio, Republic of Texas
Thanks Meter: 1,095

1,484 posts
More
Too much fun going on for our phone. Thanks Haus!!
23rd October 2013, 02:39 PM   |  #8  
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 10,059

11,301 posts
Donate to Me
More
Good stuff, bro. Now fix all teh borken stuffs .
23rd October 2013, 07:30 PM   |  #9  
Flag Salt Lake City, Utah
Thanks Meter: 103

401 posts
Yeah I tried this one and had no radio on the current ota so it may only be good on 3.16 but I may try again later and give vanir as my daily but when I get home I will give this another shot

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using XDA
23rd October 2013, 07:56 PM   |  #10  
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Flag Bensalem, PA
Thanks Meter: 10,059

11,301 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacnking

Yeah I tried this one and had no radio on the current ota so it may only be good on 3.16 but I may try again later and give vanir as my daily but when I get home I will give this another shot

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using XDA

You DID read the OP, right?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Captain_Throwback For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread