Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,276 Members 38,066 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One S Villec2 No OS, No Backup, No USB Debugging

Tip us?

ReaLiZeNL
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] HTC One S Villec2 No OS, No Backup, No USB Debugging

Hi,

I'm a 16 year old boy, which wanted to install a custom ROM on my HTC One S Villec2

Yesterday I rooted my phone, to install a custom ROM. I didn't manage to flash it (First Status 7, and after Status 1) And this morning I wanted to give it another try.

I copied the ROM onto my SD card, and tried to flash it, but I realised that I didnt't wipe the System, Cache and SD-Card.

So I wiped it, but I didn't make a back-up!

Now I've got a HTC with no OS, and no ROM. Even the standard Jelly Bean (4.1.1 - S4+) is gone.

USB-Debugging is disabled. since there is no OS running on the HTC.

I googled about putting the standard ROM back on, and it says you need to remove the SD-Card from the HTC.

The problem is; You can't remove the SD-Card from the HTC One S, since it's built in, and not removable.

I want to go back to the standard OS, while USB Debugging is disabled and I can't reach the SD-Card from my Computer. Is this possible?

I'm a beginner, and used HTC One S All-In-One tool to root it.

Is my phone bricked or is there any hope?

Bootloader: Unlocked

Recovery: TWRP v2.4.3.0

Kind regards,
Steve (ReaLiZeNL)

HTCDreamOn
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 679
ReaLiZeNL USB Debugging isn't disabled, you can still use ADB when booted into recovery, so boot into TWRP whilst plugged into your computer and run
Code:
adb devices
on your computer, and it should be listed. If not, there might be an option to enable it in TWRP. run the command again, and once it's listed you'll be able to flash an OS, look up how to do this, there are many guides.