Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,670 Members 44,651 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What if someone got a hold of your imei?

Tip us?

btort1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default What if someone got a hold of your imei?

Ok so I didn't realize the guy at a phone repair place wrote down my imei on my receipt until I got home....I asked him why he wrote it down and why he needed it, he said to keep record that I came in. Well there's nothing really I can do about it now....

I heard people can clone your imei and get your phone blocked on a network, how likely is if it were to happen? I don't really trust the guy and I am so pissed at myself for not paying attention to what he was doing.

Am I just being paranoid?

IAmSixNine
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by btort1 View Post
Ok so I didn't realize the guy at a phone repair place wrote down my imei on my receipt until I got home....I asked him why he wrote it down and why he needed it, he said to keep record that I came in. Well there's nothing really I can do about it now....

I heard people can clone your imei and get your phone blocked on a network, how likely is if it were to happen? I don't really trust the guy and I am so pissed at myself for not paying attention to what he was doing.

Am I just being paranoid?
IF you took your phone into a repair center they have access to all the info.
IMEI, S/N, ESN, phone number.
I would not be concerned with them having that information unless they are a shady store.
DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox

Twitter @AndroidTechGuy
Google+
Android Users