Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,673 Members 41,496 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hidden codes

Tip us?

Gipiv
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Hidden codes

Hi,
I was wondering if thi sort of code " *#9900# " is available to all sort of android phones.
In an S2 if you dial that code you access the commands for a log file which can be wiped so as to free a ton of extra space.
Thanks

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 460

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gipiv View Post
Hi,
I was wondering if thi sort of code " *#9900# " is available to all sort of android phones.
In an S2 if you dial that code you access the commands for a log file which can be wiped so as to free a ton of extra space.
Thanks

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app
Depends on the phone, carrier, and update it's on. Sometimes the hidden menu isn't able to be enabled without rooting as well, though this is fairly rare, but there are very few things like that that work across the board with all devices.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)

Gipiv
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Many thanks for your reply. I thought it would be a something like a service code that would be used by support if the phone was RTM'd.
Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
Depends on the phone, carrier, and update it's on. Sometimes the hidden menu isn't able to be enabled without rooting as well, though this is fairly rare, but there are very few things like that that work across the board with all devices.