Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,073 Members 45,525 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root Access using zxz0O0's Guide

Tip us?

han_si
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Root Access using zxz0O0's Guide

Hi Guys

I've been at this for almost 10 hours now and i need a solution. Every time i try and root through the method below, everything works fine till about step 17 where an error at formatting system pops up every time i try to format the system. Is there a reason why? and i cant access my memory card too from that recovery method.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2642081

zxz0O0
Old
Thanks Meter 1,083

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by han_si View Post
Hi Guys

I've been at this for almost 10 hours now and i need a solution. Every time i try and root through the method below, everything works fine till about step 17 where an error at formatting system pops up every time i try to format the system. Is there a reason why? and i cant access my memory card too from that recovery method.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2642081
Which recovery menu are you using? TWRP or Philz touch? Which dualrecovery did you use? (do not use version 2.7.97)

han_si
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hey really appreciate the reply.

So I get through everything correctly till step 13, i run the lockedualrecovery 2.7.92, i run the install.bat file, runs smoothly till it says waiting for device to reboot, where it hangs for a while. I end up unplugging phone, force the phone off, and turn it on again and plug the usb back in, and then it says installation successful...(I have read somewhere the kernel gets the phone to reboot once rooted, but i've waited over an hour and it doesnt reboot, this is why i plugged it off, force it off then on again for the installation successful to come up)

I get through step 14,15 and 16.

Once in step 17, in Philz touch recovery, when i try to format it says error in formatting and has all these errors again when i try to factory reset through Philz Touch recovery. I then try and access my external_sd but my memory card is not readable through it (checked its not in exFAT, it was in FAT32 which is the default windows format).

So i end up booting in TWRP recovery. Tried and installing the 3 files in order that way. Rebooted it in from TWRP and the phone is just dead, Doesn't turn on whatsoever. However i am able to repeat the processes again. Repeated processes almost 5 times now, no luck.

Is my Kernel dead? is there a kernel i can flash to fix so i can restore to factory settings? or is it totally different issue. I hope phone isnt bricked.

Please need your help. Thanks heaps.

Hanafi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxz0O0 View Post
Which recovery menu are you using? TWRP or Philz touch? Which dualrecovery did you use? (do not use version 2.7.97)

munch77
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Use the latest recovery installer 2.7.99

Sent from my D5503 using xda app-developers app
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact D5503 Locked Bootloader

14.3.A.0.681 Generic UK
14.3.A.0.757 Generic NO
14.3.A.0.761 Generic NO
14.4.A.0.108 Generic RU

han_si
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
this is frustrating now, how do i just restore back to factory settings. i cant find the option through pc companion, is there a stock rom i can flash?? pls help, thanks

XperienceD
Old
Thanks Meter 2,351
Quote:
this is frustrating now, how do i just restore back to factory settings. i cant find the option through pc companion, is there a stock rom i can flash?? pls help, thanks
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2631291

zxz0O0
Old
Thanks Meter 1,083

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Just start again from step 1 and use a newer dualrecovery (do not use version 2.7.97).