Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,752 Members 39,653 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Aroma Installer Freezes problem

Tip us?

sabnack
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Aroma Installer Freezes problem

As the title says I (like some other users) have been experiencing a lot of issues while trying to install any ROM that uses any version of AROMA installer on my N7100.
I googled the issue and i did look here for a solution but unfortunately without any luck... if this problem has been solved in some other threads i didn't find, I'm sorry for my incompetence and you can delete this thread.
If anyone still have this issue could be happy to know I solved it by flashing TWRP recovery 2.3.2.3, I've been putting my trust in clockworkmod recovery since i switched to android powered devices but for now this is the only solution i found to the problem.
thank you for your time and patience, hope I'v been useful to someody.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sabnack For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ohtoulouz
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabnack View Post
As the title says I (like some other users) have been experiencing a lot of issues while trying to install any ROM that uses any version of AROMA installer on my N7100.
I googled the issue and i did look here for a solution but unfortunately without any luck... if this problem has been solved in some other threads i didn't find, I'm sorry for my incompetence and you can delete this thread.
If anyone still have this issue could be happy to know I solved it by flashing TWRP recovery 2.3.2.3, I've been putting my trust in clockworkmod recovery since i switched to android powered devices but for now this is the only solution i found to the problem.
thank you for your time and patience, hope I'v been useful to someody.
AROMA works great with CWM 6.0.15 and freeze with CWM above 6.0.15

adinfsfocus
Old
Thanks Meter 66
If you got freeze in Aroma you have to wipe cache and dalvik cache,full wipe then format system and you got no freeze in aroma.
Sory for my english.

sabnack
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohtoulouz View Post
AROMA works great with CWM 6.0.15 and freeze with CWM above 6.0.15
I didn't try with that version of CWM thanks for the advice, I'll try when i get the chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by adinfsfocus View Post
If you got freeze in Aroma you have to wipe cache and dalvik cache,full wipe then format system and you got no freeze in aroma.
unfortunately i tried this with no luck... thanks anyway for your help.

I'm sorry for the OT but could anyone adress me to any thread or solution for the "mount and storage" issue ? it doesn't work with any recovery thanks

piratashitzu
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Sorry for a lazy noobish question, but i really didn't understand how performe a TWRP installation. Does anybody can tell me or address a usefull link?
Thanks
DON'T FORGET to say Thanks
(please help improve my ratio of thanks to posts)

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
[4.3] Stock N7100UBUEMK4

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
ROM ROM AHRD 11.2 by Mike1986

Htc Sensation 4G
ROM ARHD 7.3 by Mike1986

sabnack
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirata****zu View Post
Sorry for a lazy noobish question, but i really didn't understand how performe a TWRP installation. Does anybody can tell me or address a usefull link?
Thanks
you can use mobile odin to flash any zip or tar you wish to flash on device
you can also flash the zip from any recovery menu
The Following User Says Thank You to sabnack For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

anirudh412
Old
Thanks Meter 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirata****zu View Post
Thanks
Android purists can think what they like, but the easiest way would be to use GNote 2 Toolkit by MSkip. Makes installation of TWRP/ CWM a breeze
The Following User Says Thank You to anirudh412 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cyan pac
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Default twrp aroma

i have twrp, but ive heard you cant flash a aroma installer on twrp only on cwm is this true?

SenK9
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Default Re: Aroma Installer Freezes problem

I had the same issue until reverting to 6.0.1.5. Since then I'm using PhilZ modified CWM and it works perfectly.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

fabienpascal
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Thanks

Thank you for the work.

Personnally i had to install using Team Win Recovery.
Recovery ClockWorkMod 6.0.1.9 made Aroma Installer Freeze...