Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,356 Members 38,609 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Chinese Language

Tip us?
 
grim_ripper
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 104
Join Date: Jun 2008
Default [Q] Chinese Language

I'm on Nordic 4.3 101 rooted and I can't find chinese language on the xperia international keyboard. I know that there's some xperia chinese keyboard on some firmwares, however, am interested to know if there's a way to get chinese on the language selection for xperia international keyboard. (i.e. settings->language & input->xperia keyboard settings->writing language)
 
itandy
Old
#2  
itandy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,050
Posts: 1,696
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hong Kong
Quote:
Originally Posted by grim_ripper View Post
I'm on Nordic 4.3 101 rooted and I can't find chinese language on the xperia international keyboard. I know that there's some xperia chinese keyboard on some firmwares, however, am interested to know if there's a way to get chinese on the language selection for xperia international keyboard. (i.e. settings->language & input->xperia keyboard settings->writing language)
I found that not every customization contains the Chinese keyboard (Xperia Chinese keyboard). I'm using the Russian version (1272-9018) which does come with the Chinese keyboard. Maybe you can give it a try.
My phone
Sony Xperia ZR | Rooted Stock ROM 4.4.2 | Stock kernel | Dual CWM/TWRP recovery | Samsung 32GB UHS-I

HTC Incredible S | Blackrose 2.02 HBOOT | 4EXT Touch | CM11 VivoKat | TESCO Kernel 3.0.101 | 3831.18.00.28 radio | SanDisk Ultra UHS-I 32GB

My work
Photo Frame&Grid Widget | Android Phone Vibrator - Xposed | Ringer & Notification Volume Unlink in ICS/JB - Xposed | Notification Direct Launcher - Xposed | Xperia Stamina LED - Xposed | Xperia/AOSP NavBar Buttons - Xposed
 
grim_ripper
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 104
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by itandy View Post
I found that not every customization contains the Chinese keyboard (Xperia Chinese keyboard). I'm using the Russian version (1272-9018) which does come with the Chinese keyboard. Maybe you can give it a try.
I was hoping to get just the language add in as opposed to the whole keyboard change, guess that's not possible.
 
Ilko
Old
#4  
Ilko's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 465
Posts: 878
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Funky town
do you know touchpal keyboard ? why not giving a try
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...k.smartinputv5
it's the best free beyboard to me
 
grim_ripper
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 104
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilko View Post
do you know touchpal keyboard ? why not giving a try
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...k.smartinputv5
it's the best free beyboard to me
Am using swiftkey already, was thinking of using stock so I don't have to keep adding so much apps
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes