Sunshine Compatible with HTC One M9

Two Senior Recognized Developers jcase and beaups officially released a new version of Sunshine. … more

CyanogenMod 12.1 for YU Yureka

YU Yureka recently received an official Cyanogen OS 12S update. If you prefer to use a newer revision of … more

Open War for Open Android: Antitrust for Cyanogen?

Android and openness is something we talk about all the time, but the recent … more

What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

What is this blinking sensor? Is it a proximity sensor?

27th March 2014, 05:31 AM |#1  
guitarz's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 5
 
180 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
More
Hello everyone, I recently got Note3.

Today, I looked at my phone through another phone camera and found a sensor which kept blinking all the time. (Please see attached clip)
To me, it seems like an infrared since human eyes could not see it.



Is this normal even I don't have air gesture ON?

Thank you
 
 
27th March 2014, 06:17 AM |#2  
thahim's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 160
 
1,255 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarz

Hello everyone, I recently got Note3.

Today, I looked at my phone through another phone camera and found a sensor which kept blinking all the time. (Please see attached clip)
To me, it seems like an infrared since human eyes could not see it.



Is this normal even I don't have air gesture ON?

Thank you

I noticed this on my s3 you can see it only through another camera.:-X its normal dont worry.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005
27th March 2014, 08:14 AM |#3  
vndnguyen's Avatar
Senior Member
Vinnitsa
Thanks Meter: 1,195
 
3,236 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarz

Hello everyone, I recently got Note3.

Today, I looked at my phone through another phone camera and found a sensor which kept blinking all the time. (Please see attached clip)
To me, it seems like an infrared since human eyes could not see it.

Is this normal even I don't have air gesture ON?

Thank you

Very interesting. Mine too
27th March 2014, 10:27 PM |#4  
ShadowLea's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,159
 
4,631 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
That is the IR.

If you're using an IR remote app, and you press a key, that'll light up for human eyes to see.
28th March 2014, 05:31 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 67
 
271 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLea

That is the IR.

If you're using an IR remote app, and you press a key, that'll light up for human eyes to see.

How can it be the IR?

If you were using an IR remote app then you'd have to show the front face of the phone to the TV, which would make looking at the phone screen a bit of an issue.
28th March 2014, 09:00 PM |#6  
ShadowLea's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,159
 
4,631 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbous

How can it be the IR?

If you were using an IR remote app then you'd have to show the front face of the phone to the TV, which would make looking at the phone screen a bit of an issue.

You mistake my meaning. If you look at the top of the phone, you'll see a small dot next to the audiojack. That is the IR blaster. The blipping dot at the front is the indicator of the IR blaster. It lights up when the IR blaster is transmitting, to alert the user.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes