Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,064 Members 41,011 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S4 sms's not being sent

Tip us?

acalora
Old
(Last edited by acalora; 21st March 2014 at 10:31 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] S4 sms's not being sent

Hello all,

First time poster here. Seems like a unique issue, as I have done some googling on this issue already to no avail. Anyways, whenever I try to send an sms, it says "sending" in the default (aosp) messaging app until it tells me that it failed to send. When I turn airplane mode on and then off again, the sms sends without any issues as soon as I regain service.

I am using cm-10.2.0-jfltevzw with the stock kernel. Not too many other things added to the phone that I imagine would affect it at all. I'm currently in the process of upgrading to cm-11-20140210-SNAPSHOT-M3-jfltevzw, but any help is greatly appreciated on this issue.

Thank you very much
-acalora

Update: Cleared data and cache, installed the cm11 snapshot, issue persists

thesoldier
Old
Thanks Meter 156
Does it always send one text, and then fail after that?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

yevgenydev
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Just recently started having this in the last 24 hours. I have no flashed anything or done anything with the phone in quite some time. Still on MJ7 Radio and CM 10.2.1

thesoldier
Old
Thanks Meter 156
I suggest reading through this linked thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2654822

acalora
Old
(Last edited by acalora; 23rd March 2014 at 02:14 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesoldier View Post
I suggest reading through this linked thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2654822

I ended up downgrading back to 10.2 since I liked the theme better actually. But yes, it does usually go about 1 or 2 texts and then I have to turn on airplane mode again and then off. But I'll give that thread a read, seems really interesting, my problem is similar to his, however I'm on 10.2 still.

EDIT: I read through the entire thing, no one seems to have found a solution just yet

yevgenydev
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by acalora View Post
I ended up downgrading back to 10.2 since I liked the theme better actually. But yes, it does usually go about 1 or 2 texts and then I have to turn on airplane mode again and then off. But I'll give that thread a read, seems really interesting, my problem is similar to his, however I'm on 10.2 still.

EDIT: I read through the entire thing, no one seems to have found a solution just yet
Are you getting the SMS issue when you downgraded to 10.2?

acalora
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by yevgenydev View Post
Are you getting the SMS issue when you downgraded to 10.2?
Yes, I had it in 10.2, when I upgraded to 11, and now again when I've downgraded to 10.2 again

thesoldier
Old
Thanks Meter 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by acalora View Post

It doesn't matter if you're on 10.2 or 11, the problem surfaced out of nowhere for people on both versions.

yooeee
Old
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesoldier View Post
It doesn't matter if you're on 10.2 or 11, the problem surfaced out of nowhere for people on both versions.

welcome to hell... there's no consistent fix that works for everybody. some people found solutions that i tried and haven't worked. this sucks.
Verizon Galaxy S4 32GB

yooeee
Old
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooeee View Post
welcome to hell... there's no consistent fix that works for everybody. some people found solutions that i tried and haven't worked. this sucks.
We might have figured out a solution

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=203

1) dadoc04 showed that you can install the GPE ROM and get texts back that stuck after a clean CM or whatever ROM
2) I just tried installing the GPE ROM, got texts back, and it stuck after a nandroid backup restore. I also rebooted my phone since many people said the nvrestore method fails after a reboot, and SMS is still sending.

My theory is that your phone needs to be reprovisioned and somehow GPE does that. I could be totally wrong, but I'm sending SMS on LTE and that's all that really matters
Verizon Galaxy S4 32GB

The Following User Says Thank You to yooeee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]