FORUMS

Make Your Network Smart – XDA Xposed Tuesday

We rave about the features and abilities of our smartphones. However, in order for … more

Dr.Ketan Brings The S6 Theme Store To The Note 4

Dr.Ketan has submitted a video to the forums showing a functional port of the Galaxy S6 … more

Do You Have Insurance on Your Smartphone?

While affordable smartphones are becoming more available, the majority of high-end flagships … more

Apple Music Will Increase iTunes Match to 100,000 Songs

The battle for music streaming subscription dominance is starting to really heat … more

[REF][GPE] HTC One M8 Google Play Edition Stock OTA URLs

3,840 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,778
 
By oldblue910, Recognized Contributor / Archivist-in-Chief on 25th March 2014, 04:58 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
THIS THREAD IS FOR GPE OWNERS TO DISCUSS OTA UPDATES. IT IS NOT FOR DISCUSSION OF HOW TO CONVERT A REGULAR M8 TO A GPE, NOR IS IT FOR DISCUSSION ON HOW TO FLASH ROMS.

Hi Everyone,

As I do with all Nexus and GPE devices, I intend to maintain a thread here with links to all the stock OTA updates for the HTC One M8 Google Play Edition. Each time there is an OTA update, its direct link on Google's servers will be posted here for reference and posterity. I also mirror these files at http://www.randomphantasmagoria.com/...e-m8/m8_google.

Any questions about flashing these OTA updates can be discussed and answered here as well. In addition, if you get an OTA update, please pull the URL from logcat so it can be posted here.

Current firmware (m8_google): Android 5.1/LMY47O

LMY47O.H6 from LRX22C - http://android.clients.google.com/pa...ase_430318.zip
LMY47O.H6 from LMY47O.H5 - http://android.clients.google.com/pa...ase_430317.zip

LMY47O.H5 from LMY47O.H4 - http://android.clients.google.com/pa...ase_429773.zip

LMY47O.H4 from LRX22C - http://android.clients.google.com/pa...ase_428195.zip

LRX22C from KTU84P - http://android.clients.google.com/pa...ase_403384.zip

KTU84P from KTU84L - http://android.clients.google.com/pa...ase_381457.zip

KTU84L from KOT49H - http://android.clients.google.com/pa...ase_378258.zip

SPECIAL THANKS

LlabTooFeR
Graffixnyc
EthanFirst
SpaceCadetWilliam
EagerestWolf
Isotopes
olahj
Last edited by oldblue910; 30th May 2015 at 04:36 AM.
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to oldblue910 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
30th March 2014, 10:05 PM |#2  
oldblue910's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor / Archivist-in-Chief
Flag Durham, NC
Thanks Meter: 2,778
 
Donate to Me
More
Has anyone preordered one yet?

Sent from my Z Ultra Google Play Edition using Tapatalk
1st April 2014, 09:12 AM |#3  
LlabTooFeR's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 11,631
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue910

THIS THREAD IS FOR GPE OWNERS TO DISCUSS OTA UPDATES. IT IS NOT FOR DISCUSSION OF HOW TO CONVERT A REGULAR M8 TO A GPE, NOR IS IT FOR DISCUSSION ON HOW TO FLASH ROMS.

Hi Everyone,

As I do with all Nexus and GPE devices, I intend to maintain a thread here with links to all the stock OTA updates for the HTC One M8 Google Play Edition. Each time there is an OTA update, its direct link on Google's servers will be posted here for reference and posterity. I also mirror these files at http://www.randomphantasmagoria.com/...e-m8/m8_google.

Any questions about flashing these OTA updates can be discussed and answered here as well. In addition, if you get an OTA update, please pull the URL from logcat so it can be posted here.

Since we do not currently have any OTA updates nor does anyone have the device yet, I'm merely waiting for someone to get the actual device and provide the following information:

1. HBOOT version (can be retrieved from the bootloader screen)
2. Baseband version
3. The values of ro.build.date.utc and ro.build.fingerprint from /system/build.prop.

Please make sure to get this information before applying any out-of-the-box OTA update that might be available for the phone. At that stage, you can feel free to apply any OTA update that's available, then please get this information again post-update.

Thank you!

Here you go...
ro.bootloader: 3.18.0.0000
ro.baseband: 1.14.21331931.LA02_2G
gsm.version.baseband: 1.14.21331931.LA02_2G_20.30A.4145.01L
ro.build.date.utc: 1395410996
ro.build.fingerprint: htc/m8_google/htc_m8:4.4.2/KOT49H.H16/326432:user/release-keys
ro.build.description: 1.16.1700.16 CL326432 release-keys
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LlabTooFeR For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st April 2014, 09:49 AM |#4  
oldblue910's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor / Archivist-in-Chief
Flag Durham, NC
Thanks Meter: 2,778
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LlabTooFeR

Here you go...
ro.bootloader: 3.18.0.0000
ro.baseband: 1.14.21331931.LA02_2G
gsm.version.baseband: 1.14.21331931.LA02_2G_20.30A.4145.01L
ro.build.date.utc: 1395410996
ro.build.fingerprint: htc/m8_google/htc_m8:4.4.2/KOT49H.H16/326432:user/release-keys
ro.build.description: 1.16.1700.16 CL326432 release-keys

You, sir, are awesome. Thank you! Just out of curiosity, is this the actual shipping firmware that the first round of devices will ship with or is that prerelease?

Sent from my Z Ultra Google Play Edition using Tapatalk
1st April 2014, 10:09 AM |#5  
LlabTooFeR's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 11,631
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue910

You, sir, are awesome. Thank you! Just out of curiosity, is this the actual shipping firmware that the first round of devices will ship with or is that prerelease?

Sent from my Z Ultra Google Play Edition using Tapatalk

Well, I'm quite sure this is ship version coz kernel source was released for this base...
4th April 2014, 03:58 AM |#6  
oldblue910's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor / Archivist-in-Chief
Flag Durham, NC
Thanks Meter: 2,778
 
Donate to Me
More
You are indeed correct with all your info. It matches perfectly to the device that Android Central got for unboxing and hands-on. Thanks again for your help!
14th April 2014, 03:31 PM |#7  
oldblue910's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor / Archivist-in-Chief
Flag Durham, NC
Thanks Meter: 2,778
 
Donate to Me
More
Hey guys,

Today is Nexus OTA day, Android 4.4.3/KTU48F. So, if history holds up, we'll be seeing GPE OTAs in about 2 weeks. This will obviously be the first OTA for the M8 GPE. I just want to put it on everyone's radar that if you get the OTA, please post the filename here. You can get it from logcat. If you get the OTA, but don't know how to get the filename, let me know and I'll help you out.

Thanks!
22nd April 2014, 04:20 PM |#8  
oldblue910's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor / Archivist-in-Chief
Flag Durham, NC
Thanks Meter: 2,778
 
Donate to Me
More
So, I'm hoping someone here on XDA actually owns an M8 GPE (a real one, not a converted one) and will be able to help get the OTA URLs. Do I have any volunteers? Thanks in advance!
22nd April 2014, 07:17 PM |#9  
graffixnyc's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 5,951
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue910

So, I'm hoping someone here on XDA actually owns an M8 GPE (a real one, not a converted one) and will be able to help get the OTA URLs. Do I have any volunteers? Thanks in advance!

What's the difference if it's a real one or converted one? The ota will be the same.. The URL will be the same... The file will be the same.. It shouldn't matter if it's a real one or a converted one (which in the system's eye there is no difference between a converted one and "real" one.)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graffixnyc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2014, 07:19 PM |#10  
oldblue910's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor / Archivist-in-Chief
Flag Durham, NC
Thanks Meter: 2,778
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by graffixnyc

What's the difference if it's a real one or converted one? The ota will be the same.. The URL will be the same... The file will be the same.. It shouldn't matter if it's a real one or a converted one (which in the system's eye there is no difference between a converted one and "real" one.)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

By "converted", I meant people who are just running a GPE ROM. If there's a full conversion that allows you to use the bootloader and radio as well, and allows you to accept OTAs, then yeah, by all means, help a brother out!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes