Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

f2fs really flies!

OP PMikeP

24th March 2014, 06:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22

170 posts
I'd put this in the proper Samsung Tab 2 custom ROM forum, but not at my 10 post limit yet. (Question: Administrators, can you use some fuzzy logic here? I think I've shown I have something to offer here at XDA. But I only post when I think I have something to say. Makes it frustrating waiting to get to the 10 post requirement. I occasionally think. "Oh, to heck with it.")

Anyway, last week, when the developer offered it, I flashed my Samaung Galaxy tab over to an AGNi custom kernel that supports f2fs. The dev was also thoughtful to offer some custom f2fs format tools for the Tab 2 and a custom TWRP for f2fs.

I did a backup, took a deep breath, and formatted /data and /cache to f2fs.

WOW! The Tab doesn't benchmark any faster, but it is noticeably faster in use. No more lags in Boat browser.

I'm looking forward to the Cyanomod team offering f2fs for CM11.
24th March 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #2  
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ , Where ever's Free WiFi
Thanks Meter: 91

328 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMikeP

I'd put this in the proper Samsung Tab 2 custom ROM forum, but not at my 10 post limit yet. (Question: Administrators, can you use some fuzzy logic here? I think I've shown I have something to offer here at XDA. But I only post when I think I have something to say. Makes it frustrating waiting to get to the 10 post requirement. I occasionally think. "Oh, to heck with it.")

Anyway, last week, when the developer offered it, I flashed my Samaung Galaxy tab over to an AGNi custom kernel that supports f2fs. The dev was also thoughtful to offer some custom f2fs format tools for the Tab 2 and a custom TWRP for f2fs.

I did a backup, took a deep breath, and formatted /data and /cache to f2fs.

WOW! The Tab doesn't benchmark any faster, but it is noticeably faster in use. No more lags in Boat browser.

I'm looking forward to the Cyanomod team offering f2fs for CM11.

I thought about it but my favorite kernel dev hasn't supported it yet......
Samsung has implemented it now......
Seems cool but risky too. Isn't it that only kernels needs to be compatible with f2f?
26th March 2014, 01:34 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22

170 posts
Yes, my understanding that the kernel has to support f2fs. Over in the Galaxy Tab 2 forum there is a developer who offers a 3.0.101 kernel that supports f2fs.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread