LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Droid 3 replacement under warranty (Feb 2013)

OP Guyinlaca

4th March 2013, 08:59 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

63 posts
A friend of mine had a Droid 3 for 19 months, with insurance and extended warranty. The power button stopped working and also caused the phone to have major issues. Given the extended warranty, they requested a replacement and were told there were no Droid 3's left. The system then defaulted to sending a Droid RAZR as a replacement. They got the RAZR in great condition. For those who still have a warranty and are having the issues and especially those who have gone through multiple D3's, you may want to check on replacement. It may have been a temporary shortage at the time but I thought I'd share.
4th March 2013, 10:15 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyinlaca

A friend of mine had a Droid 3 for 19 months, with insurance and extended warranty. The power button stopped working and also caused the phone to have major issues. Given the extended warranty, they requested a replacement and were told there were no Droid 3's left. The system then defaulted to sending a Droid RAZR as a replacement. They got the RAZR in great condition. For those who still have a warranty and are having the issues and especially those who have gone through multiple D3's, you may want to check on replacement. It may have been a temporary shortage at the time but I thought I'd share.

WOW
lucky to have extended warranty, without a google the RAZR is somewhat better I believe ?
6th March 2013, 07:01 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

63 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchnz

WOW
lucky to have extended warranty, without a google the RAZR is somewhat better I believe ?

The RAZR is a better device in most ways (faster, more ram, better screen, 4G connectivity, Jelly Bean upgradeable). It sucks for many to part with a keyboard but new devices seem to be phasing them out.
10th March 2013, 06:08 PM   |  #4  
Flag Watertown, NY
Thanks Meter: 333

1,306 posts
More
If you don't mind the lack of a keyboard then that would be a great replacement device considering Motorola is sending out a JB update with removed bloat and since 4.x Motoblur has been reduced to a basically AOSP feel.
16th May 2014, 11:27 PM   |  #5  
Flag Bethesda, MD
Thanks Meter: 1

51 posts
More
Just asked today about a replacement for the wife's ancient Droid3. They're shipping another Droid3. Srsly?

I'm only getting it fixed because it had the coverage. Might as well have a new keyboard (spacebar died) before selling it off...

Looks like I'll be buying a Moto X outright in order to keep our unlimited plan.
18th May 2014, 01:04 AM   |  #6  
Flag Atlanta Ga
Thanks Meter: 3

67 posts
More
Unhappy STUCK!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyinlaca

yes im stuck with a D3 too. i didnt know anthing about phones at the time when i got until now so im stuck with this monster. i really wish id got a Bionic or a htc one.
24th May 2014, 03:30 AM   |  #7  
Flag Bethesda, MD
Thanks Meter: 1

51 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roblewis17

yes im stuck with a D3 too. i didnt know anthing about phones at the time when i got until now so im stuck with this monster. i really wish id got a Bionic or a htc one.

Turns out the replacement was DEFECTIVE! Damned thing just randomly reboots. Tried all sorts of troubleshooting, but in the end even with just the factory ROM it would still randomly just reboot itself. Now I've got a SECOND return order in the system.

Of course, what's the first thing I get when I bring the old phone back online? A nag message threatening me with a $500 charge if I don't return the unit within 5 days. Phone tech indicated it's more like 30 days. Question is will I keep getting the threatening texts? Eff'in Verizon, what a clusterfck.

Yes, this too will be a Droid 3 replacement. I asked, given the dance they're putting me through, about getting at least something newer, no dice. At least not unless I wanted to give up my unlimited plan...
24th May 2014, 07:40 AM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 1,737

4,375 posts
Donate to Me
More
Could be a bad battery

Sent from my Amazon OtterX using Tapatalk
25th May 2014, 10:32 PM   |  #9  
Flag Atlanta Ga
Thanks Meter: 3

67 posts
More
Unhappy BAD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow

Could be a bad battery

No the phone just flat out sucks!!!
25th May 2014, 10:48 PM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 1,737

4,375 posts
Donate to Me
More
Insurance sucks, my insurance is a droid 2 I bought on eBay for $20.
Takes less than 10 mins to reactivate online.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread