Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Colornote data to pc

OP TheRev420

4th April 2014, 05:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I have the colornote app on my gs3 and regularly use this for notes. It automatically saves your notes to a backup file as a .dat file. This saves to my micro sd card; I have put these files on my Win7 pc yet nothing on my pc can open and view these files. I have tried notepad, wordpad, ms word, internet browsers, etc. When it opens in notepad it is just Chinese characters. I have tried opening the files in notepad and saving as a .doc or .txt and that doesn't work. I have scoured the internet and found no answers. I could easily copy and paste to my email, but I do not want my intellectual property out there (cautious privacy concerns).So my question is, is there any way I can view these .dat files on my pc, or any way to get my notes on my pc in a different format that will be readable? And if there is no way to do this what other note apps work well that save your notes as a doc or txt?Thanks for the input.
4th April 2014, 08:22 AM   |  #2  
Flag Oakland, CA
Thanks Meter: 461

616 posts
Donate to Me
More
It's probably a data table. Try using excel. If you don't have excel, then try installing openoffice.org and open it as a spreadsheet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
Last edited by laughingT; 4th April 2014 at 08:24 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread