My name is Ricardo, I discovered the xda forums only recently so forgive me for being new here. I'm an independent developer, author of AlarmPad (id=com.mindmeapp.alarmpad on the Google Play Store - I can't post links here yet), an alarm clock app that lets you set alarms in context with your calendar events and the weather forecast. The app has now an alpha version that supports extensions and I would like to ask your help to consider creating one.
You can get this alpha version from the Play Store by joining its Google+ community at plus.google.com/communities/113108980221311144145. The extensions are meant to display information to the user when the alarm rings. A simple working example that displays random quotes is also available on the Play Store. It is open source so you can see how it works in detail here: github.com/riclage/quotes_extension. The API itself is also open source.
Interested? Here is what I offer:
- Support if you have any questions, run into any problems or need any kind of help
- Support to help you monetize your extensions (some ideas below)
- Support your extensions as much as possible on all the apps I release or update in the future
- Improvements to the app based on your feedback to give maximum visibility to extensions
- Active promotion of the first extensions developed inside the app, on the app description on the Play Store, on its official web page and when contacting the media
If you are interested in monetizing your extension, here are some ideas:
- Build an extension pack where only one or two of those in the pack work on the free version
- Make the extension work with limited options on the free version
- Make the extension work only on certain days of the week (e.g., does not work on Wednesdays) or that works only after midday (most users use their alarms in the morning) on the free version. When it doesn't work, you can show a message with a link to the Play Store to buy the pro version
- Have a trial period
If you have any other ideas and you think I can help accommodate it on AlarmPad, please send me a private message or post it below.
Thank you for your time,