Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Exclamation [Q] Ugh, I'm a retard. I flashed CWM BEFORE CF-AUTO-ROOT.. HELP!

OP cousinit99

25th March 2014, 10:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
66 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
HELP

I know I'm a retard, so please spare me the ridicule.

I accidentally flashed CWM BEFORE CF-AUTO-ROOT. Now when I boot into "download" mode, I get the droid that's flat on its back with a red triangle on top of its chest. I get the error message "no command", and when I plug in my USB cable, neither ODIN or the computer detects the phone as a device anymore!! Good god, what do I do?? Please tell me ADB can fix this! Or something else that I'm not aware of..
25th March 2014, 10:48 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 343
 
1,130 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinit99

HELP

I know I'm a retard, so please spare me the ridicule.

I accidentally flashed CWM BEFORE CF-AUTO-ROOT. Now when I boot into "download" mode, I get the droid that's flat on its back with a red triangle on top of its chest. I get the error message "no command", and when I plug in my USB cable, neither ODIN or the computer detects the phone as a device anymore!! Good god, what do I do?? Please tell me ADB can fix this! Or something else that I'm not aware of..

That is probably the recovery you're talking about and not download mode. You access download mode by doing the following;

- turn phone off ( or remove battery and put back in but don't press power button )
- press Vol Down + Power + Home Button all at the same time until the warning message appears on the screen then let go of the buttons
-now pres Vol Up and phone will enter download mode

At this point you can either flash CWM or CF Auto Root. But make sure you use the right file for your os ( 4.3 or 4.4 ) or you will soft brick the phone. It doesn't matter if you install CWM first because you can just flash supersu using CWM to gain root.
The Following User Says Thank You to hey_joe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th March 2014, 10:51 PM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinit99

HELP

I know I'm a retard, so please spare me the ridicule.

I accidentally flashed CWM BEFORE CF-AUTO-ROOT. Now when I boot into "download" mode, I get the droid that's flat on its back with a red triangle on top of its chest. I get the error message "no command", and when I plug in my USB cable, neither ODIN or the computer detects the phone as a device anymore!! Good god, what do I do?? Please tell me ADB can fix this! Or something else that I'm not aware of..



Try to start bootloader by presing on volume up home buton and power.
The Following User Says Thank You to radu4nfs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th March 2014, 10:52 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
66 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinit99

HELP

I know I'm a retard, so please spare me the ridicule.

I accidentally flashed CWM BEFORE CF-AUTO-ROOT. Now when I boot into "download" mode, I get the droid that's flat on its back with a red triangle on top of its chest. I get the error message "no command", and when I plug in my USB cable, neither ODIN or the computer detects the phone as a device anymore!! Good god, what do I do?? Please tell me ADB can fix this! Or something else that I'm not aware of..

Holy crap, that was close. I used "ADB reboot download", and it bypassed the farked recovery. Odin detected it and CF-AUTO-ROOT I did!

For anyone else who runs into the same situation, download the Android SDK, plug in the phone, start the ADB daemon from a command prompt ("adb start-server"), run "adb reboot download", and poof, you're back into Odin mode..
25th March 2014, 10:55 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 343
 
1,130 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinit99

Holy crap, that was close. I used "ADB reboot download", and it bypassed the farked recovery. Odin detected it and CF-AUTO-ROOT I did!

For anyone else who runs into the same situation, download the Android SDK, plug in the phone, start the ADB daemon from a command prompt ("adb start-server"), run "adb reboot download", and poof, you're back into Odin mode..

Wouldn't have been easier doing it by button presses? I mean see what happened.
The Following User Says Thank You to hey_joe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th March 2014, 11:05 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
66 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_joe

That is probably the recovery you're talking about and not download mode. You access download mode by doing the following;

- turn phone off ( or remove battery and put back in but don't press power button )
- press Vol Down + Power + Home Button all at the same time until the warning message appears on the screen then let go of the buttons
-now pres Vol Up and phone will enter download mode

At this point you can either flash CWM or CF Auto Root. But make sure you use the right file for your os ( 4.3 or 4.4 ) or you will soft brick the phone. It doesn't matter if you install CWM first because you can just flash supersu using CWM to gain root.

Thank you sir. That probably would've been easier than using ADB. I think the Red Cross took a little too much blood this morning..
The Following User Says Thank You to cousinit99 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th March 2014, 11:07 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
66 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_joe

Wouldn't have been easier doing it by button presses? I mean see what happened.

You're right, it would have. I didn't see your post in time.. But thank you!!

The Following User Says Thank You to cousinit99 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes