[ROM][4.4.2][V500][Flashable] Stock LG Leaked Build KOT49I.V50018a + BusyBox + Root

Search This thread

id10terror

Nov 20, 2010
Stock LG Leaked Build KOT49I.V50018a + BusyBox + Root
for LG G Pad 8.3 V500 ONLY!
Android 4.4.2 KitKat

Disclaimer:
Use this at your own risk. I have personally flashed and tested this build on my own device successfully.
I am not responsible for any damage or data loss encountered due whatever reason.
Please ensure that you make a full backup of your system before flashing anything.

Features:

• Stock 4.4.2 LG Leaked Build KOT49I.V50018a + Stock 4.4.2 Kernel
  • Doesn't Wipe Data partition.. (although I'd suggest you do a factory reset from TWRP if you encounter any issues)
  • Doesn't flash over existing Recovery, ABOOT, or BootLoaders (means you can keep TWRP and retain loki_patch capabilities)
  • SuperSU 1.93 + su binary Installed
  • BusyBox 1.22.1-Stericson Installed
  • build.prop changed to reflect US region (this build had default region EU)
  • Wipes Dalvik-Cache and Cache partition

Downloads:
LG-V500_KOT49I.V50018a_Stock-BB-Rooted.zip

Mirror (please use main download link above when possible):
LG-V500_KOT49I.V50018a_Stock-BB-Rooted.zip (hosted on id10terror.net)

md5:
73ddd78d135a0cd64e562913b001fa42 LG-V500_KOT49I.V50018a_Stock-BB-Rooted.zip

Prerequisites:

• TWRP 2.7.0.0 Installed and working (not tested on CWM recovery)
  • FULL nandroid Backup
  • At least 3GB free space on internal memory (not including ZIP file)

Install:

1. Boot into TWRP recovery.
  2. *** Make a Full backup before proceeding. ***
  3. Flash .zip file in TWRP recovery.
  4. Go take a walk, make some coffee, pace around nervously. Keep Calm... this will take a while! Be patient!!
  5. Flash TWRP 2.7.0.1 for 4.4.2 in recovery (if not already installed)
  6. Reboot device.
  7. Enjoy!!

NEW! Great Install Tutorial Video by @Tomsgt !

Many Thanks to
@Aeras76 - for providing leaked TOT file
@Jessooca - for posting the links and mirrors
@Chainfire - for SuperSU and install script
@jazzruby - BusyBox install script
@Tomsgt - for his cool install tuturial video

Last edited:

id10terror

Nov 20, 2010
Goodies & Add-ons:

LG OSP (On-Screen Phone) for Windows
LG On-Screen Phone is the service that allows you to view and manipulate your phone remotely via a PC, with the keyboard/mouse input from
the PC. You can also easily exchange data between the PC and your phone

Features

1. You can write, send and receive messages(SMS or other messengers) via PC.
2. You can transfer file contents in Gallery, Music, Video Player, Office Viewer in your phone to the PC by drag & drop.
3. You can easily transfer files from the PC to your phone by dragging & dropping.
4. You can get real-time event notification from the phone.
5. You can see the whole pages of Home Screens in Panorama View. (Only with LG Home)
6. Multi-touch input using keyboard/mouse.

Download:
LG OSP v4.0.004.130823 for Windows

Known Issues & Fixes:

Boot loop when booting into TWRP with USB plugged in
  • FIX: Install TWRP 2.7.0.1 for 4.4.2, this fixes bootloop while USB plugged in, and also fixes screen dimming issue.
  • Workaround: If running TWRP 2.7.0.0 for 4.2.2 - Unplug USB after device reboots. It should boot into Recovery without issue. Replug USB after TWRP has booted.

LG Update Center Force Closes when trying to update LG Apps
FIX:

Method 1:
Use Flashable zip to toggle between EU and US build.prop
It will detect what build.prop you currently have and swap it.
Note: If you have made any other changes to your build.prop, they will be lost using this. Use the other manual method instead.

1. Download and Flash LG-V500_KOT49I.V50018a_buildprop-toggle.zip in TWRP Recovery
  2. Reboot
  3. Update All LG Apps in LG Update Center
  4. Flash the same LG-V500_KOT49I.V50018a_buildprop-toggle.zip in Recovery again to revert to US
  5. Reboot

Method 2:
  1. Using Root Explorer or BuildProp Editor from Play Store, change the following properties:
    Code:
    ro.product.locale.region=EU
    ro.build.target_country=CIS
    ro.build.target_region=EU
  2. Reboot

4. Using Root Explorer or BuildProp Editor from Play Store, change the following entries back:
    Code:
    ro.product.locale.region=US
    ro.build.target_country=NA
    ro.build.target_region=NA
  5. Reboot

Last edited:

swax

Jan 28, 2008
Waiting to flash! How long in percentage is the upload in? Sorry for my English.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

m.mcrespo

Nov 19, 2012
I can simple install this in my room Mahdi I am using now. Remote control work in this room?

id10terror

Nov 20, 2010
Just noticed LG Update Center force closes.. Weird because it updated a few apps first, now it refuses to open. :confused:

Doesn't seem to affect any of the LG apps though... they are running just fine.

If i'm not the only one seeing this behavior I'll add it to the list of Known Issues and try and find a fix.

id10terror

Nov 20, 2010
Just noticed LG Update Center force closes.. Weird because it updated a few apps first, now it refuses to open. :confused:

Doesn't seem to affect any of the LG apps though... they are running just fine.

If i'm not the only one seeing this behavior I'll add it to the list of Known Issues and try and find a fix.

OK.. figured this out.. looks like changing the region settings in build.prop breaks the updater..
I used the original unmodified EU build.prop and was able to update all the apps.. then I just switched back to the US build.prop from my zip and all is good. :good:

stratus1011

Apr 14, 2011
OK.. figured this out.. looks like changing the region settings in build.prop breaks the updater..
I used the original unmodified EU build.prop and was able to update all the apps.. then I just switched back to the US build.prop from my zip and all is good. :good:

Same here. My update center keeps force closing. I changed the build prop ro.product.locale.region to EU and rebooted but no luck. Do you have the build prop you replaced it with?

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

id10terror

Nov 20, 2010
Reactions: donb1

fgcchevy

May 1, 2010
Center Hill
Thanks op! What are the advantages with 4.4 over 4.2? What I really want is to get a better remote app working!

NYCguy2020

Oct 21, 2010
NYC
Thanks op! What are the advantages with 4.4 over 4.2? What I really want is to get a better remote app working!

Feels a lot smoother, new Kitkat features etc... LG upped the brightness much brighter now at %75 than it was at %90 . Gamma also seems to have been corrected. Some users reported better batter life.

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Is it just me or Wifi isn't working on this build. I'm literally less 2 feet away from my router and wifi shows full signal yet nothing is loading. I can't even access the market. Turned airplane on and off a few times, rebooted my device, still no internet service :(

Reactions: fgcchevy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stock LG Leaked Build KOT49I.V50018a + BusyBox + Root
    for LG G Pad 8.3 V500 ONLY!
    Android 4.4.2 KitKat

Disclaimer:
    Use this at your own risk. I have personally flashed and tested this build on my own device successfully.
    I am not responsible for any damage or data loss encountered due whatever reason.
    Please ensure that you make a full backup of your system before flashing anything.

Features:

• Stock 4.4.2 LG Leaked Build KOT49I.V50018a + Stock 4.4.2 Kernel
    • Doesn't Wipe Data partition.. (although I'd suggest you do a factory reset from TWRP if you encounter any issues)
    • Doesn't flash over existing Recovery, ABOOT, or BootLoaders (means you can keep TWRP and retain loki_patch capabilities)
    • SuperSU 1.93 + su binary Installed
    • BusyBox 1.22.1-Stericson Installed
    • build.prop changed to reflect US region (this build had default region EU)
    • Wipes Dalvik-Cache and Cache partition

Downloads:
    LG-V500_KOT49I.V50018a_Stock-BB-Rooted.zip

Mirror (please use main download link above when possible):
    LG-V500_KOT49I.V50018a_Stock-BB-Rooted.zip (hosted on id10terror.net)

md5:
    73ddd78d135a0cd64e562913b001fa42 LG-V500_KOT49I.V50018a_Stock-BB-Rooted.zip

Prerequisites:

• TWRP 2.7.0.0 Installed and working (not tested on CWM recovery)
    • FULL nandroid Backup
    • At least 3GB free space on internal memory (not including ZIP file)

Install:

1. Boot into TWRP recovery.
    2. *** Make a Full backup before proceeding. ***
    3. Flash .zip file in TWRP recovery.
    4. Go take a walk, make some coffee, pace around nervously. Keep Calm... this will take a while! Be patient!!
    5. Flash TWRP 2.7.0.1 for 4.4.2 in recovery (if not already installed)
    6. Reboot device.
    7. Enjoy!!

NEW! Great Install Tutorial Video by @Tomsgt !

Many Thanks to
    @Aeras76 - for providing leaked TOT file
    @Jessooca - for posting the links and mirrors
    @Chainfire - for SuperSU and install script
    @jazzruby - BusyBox install script
    @Tomsgt - for his cool install tuturial video
    Goodies & Add-ons:

LG OSP (On-Screen Phone) for Windows
    LG On-Screen Phone is the service that allows you to view and manipulate your phone remotely via a PC, with the keyboard/mouse input from
    the PC. You can also easily exchange data between the PC and your phone

Features

1. You can write, send and receive messages(SMS or other messengers) via PC.
    2. You can transfer file contents in Gallery, Music, Video Player, Office Viewer in your phone to the PC by drag & drop.
    3. You can easily transfer files from the PC to your phone by dragging & dropping.
    4. You can get real-time event notification from the phone.
    5. You can see the whole pages of Home Screens in Panorama View. (Only with LG Home)
    6. Multi-touch input using keyboard/mouse.

Download:
    LG OSP v4.0.004.130823 for Windows

Known Issues & Fixes:

Boot loop when booting into TWRP with USB plugged in
    • FIX: Install TWRP 2.7.0.1 for 4.4.2, this fixes bootloop while USB plugged in, and also fixes screen dimming issue.
    • Workaround: If running TWRP 2.7.0.0 for 4.2.2 - Unplug USB after device reboots. It should boot into Recovery without issue. Replug USB after TWRP has booted.

LG Update Center Force Closes when trying to update LG Apps
    FIX:

Method 1:
    Use Flashable zip to toggle between EU and US build.prop
    It will detect what build.prop you currently have and swap it.
    Note: If you have made any other changes to your build.prop, they will be lost using this. Use the other manual method instead.

1. Download and Flash LG-V500_KOT49I.V50018a_buildprop-toggle.zip in TWRP Recovery
    2. Reboot
    4. Flash the same LG-V500_KOT49I.V50018a_buildprop-toggle.zip in Recovery again to revert to US
    5. Reboot

Method 2:
    1. Using Root Explorer or BuildProp Editor from Play Store, change the following properties:
      Code:
      ro.product.locale.region=EU
      ro.build.target_country=CIS
      ro.build.target_region=EU
    2. Reboot

4. Using Root Explorer or BuildProp Editor from Play Store, change the following entries back:
      Code:
      ro.product.locale.region=US
      ro.build.target_country=NA
      ro.build.target_region=NA
    5. Reboot
    After restoring original firmware with lgmobile support tool i´ve rooted and reboot,then installed twrp 2.6.3.2 recovery and rebooted to recovery.
    Factory reset,then tried to instal twrp 2.7.0.0 and tried to install this rom and at finish failed with error in updater script.
    Tried to do all over again but with twrp 2.7.0.0B and got the same error. Then all over again but with twrp 2.6.3.2 recovery and same error again.
    I´ve tried to install LRS G Pad Rom (based on original stock rom v50010c) and fails at the end too.
    If i install a cm11 rom guess what... no problems. I really don´t understand what is happening.
    I have a LG G2 with 4.4.2 stock modified rom e and have zero problems.
    I´m starting to grow grey hair with this tab.
    I can´t install any stock rom besides the original one :(
    Now i´ve tried to install this rom right after installing twrp recovery and without factory reset,same error.

Ok take a deep breath and try this...

Follow these steps in this exact order

1. Restore firmware using LGMobile Support Tool
    2. Root using this method: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2553192
    3. Reboot Android
    4. Download and Save this Recovery to your G Pad: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407582110
    5. Download and Install an app called "Flashify" from Play Store
    6. Open Flashify > Recovery Image > Choose File > Flash recovery
    7. Copy the Stock 4.4.2 Rom onto your device or microsd card (make sure you still have at least 3GB free in internal space after zip is copied)
    8. Reboot into Recovery
    9. Install > Select Stock 4.4.2 Rom zip > Confirm Flash
    10. When it's done flashing, Go back to main TWRP menu > Reboot Recovery (make sure you don't have USB cable plugged in)
    11. Once recovery is booted > Wipe > Factory Reset > Confirm
    12. Reboot
    I made a little video on how to install this rom and awesome work by the way.
    How to install Stock KitKat Leak on the LG G Pad 8.3 prerooted
    Thanks and feel Free to add it to the OP if you think it will help others.
    Just flashed, it is much speedier! I tried changing build prop to update my lg apps cause I do not have blu-ray player as an option, but it keeps giving me and error using root explorer. Is there maybe a flashable zip that could b made for the noobs? Tia

I've added a flashable zip file that will toggle between the EU build.prop and the US one.

It's on the second post.. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51374589#post51374589