Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

New Galaxy S4's will have Sprint Sparks antennas!

OP gonczarkid22

12th February 2014, 05:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag East Lansing
Thanks Meter: 8

27 posts
More
well thats not fair, i want sprint sparks (Sprint LTE on steroids) for my S4.... already devising plans to break my phone to get a replacement with sparks included in the antenna. i guess you can tell by the SKU of the phone

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-6452_7-...s4-with-spark/
12th February 2014, 05:28 AM   |  #2  
Flag Detroit, Michigan
Thanks Meter: 166

591 posts
More
Lol you're late

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
12th February 2014, 05:38 AM   |  #3  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 2,697

8,385 posts
More
Don't be mean. Lol.

But yes most of us know of this already. The phone has been available since late December.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
12th February 2014, 04:10 PM   |  #4  
Flag Memphis, TN
Thanks Meter: 591

1,872 posts
More
It's called the 720T.
12th February 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 241

688 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonczarkid22

well thats not fair, i want sprint sparks (Sprint LTE on steroids) for my S4.... already devising plans to break my phone to get a replacement with sparks included in the antenna. i guess you can tell by the SKU of the phone

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-6452_7-...s4-with-spark/

So, don't break your phone, you'll get a replacement mono-band S4, not the Tri-band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel4653

Don't be mean. Lol.

But yes most of us know of this already. The phone has been available since late December.

Also, I know they announced it a while back, but has anyone actually seen one in the wild? There was no release and they are not listed anywhere to buy. The website still has the mono-band S4. If you have a link to one for sale from Sprint, please post it.
12th February 2014, 06:31 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag East Lansing
Thanks Meter: 8

27 posts
More
i work for sprint, so i feel like eventually the warehouse will run out of mono-band and start using the tri-band s4 as replacements. ive known the S4's were switched to the tri-band since it was announced, i just wanted to let everyone know (who didnt already) that us existing S4's are getting screwed over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmark27

So, don't break your phone, you'll get a replacement mono-band S4, not the Tri-band.

Also, I know they announced it a while back, but has anyone actually seen one in the wild? There was no release and they are not listed anywhere to buy. The website still has the mono-band S4. If you have a link to one for sale from Sprint, please post it.

12th February 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #7  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 2,697

8,385 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmark27

Sprints website has it. If you look it says that they are spark compatible. They have been selling them there since December and there are already a handful of members that have them here. My sister has one.

12th February 2014, 07:28 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 241

688 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel4653

Sprints website has it. If you look it says that they are spark compatible. They have been selling them there since December and there are already a handful of members that have them here. My sister has one.

Well, isn't that nice. Their website must do regional things or something because I don't see Spark capable listed on the phone page online. Eitherway, that's great to hear!

EDIT, yeah nevermind, see it now. Must have been living under a rock. Sorry guys.
Last edited by mmark27; 12th February 2014 at 07:30 PM.
12th February 2014, 08:04 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 38

219 posts
More
The S5 is right around the corner you know. Wonder if that will have the spark bands?
13th February 2014, 03:09 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 45

599 posts
Donate to Me
More
More than likely yes. Here's hoping Sprint actually FINISHES the LTE rollout for all bands instead of doing the half-assed job they did with WiMAX.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread