FORUMS

SuperSU Beta Updates With Minor Fix For Galaxy S6

ChainFire’s root permissions app SuperSU has updated to v.2.49 to fix audits on … more

LG G4 Day Event Coverage: Specs, Features, Design & More!

LG has been teasing us with a countdown for a while now, and today it reached … more

Xposed Modules to Modify Email – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Even though we have Dropbox and other ways to share files, people still want … more

Google Teaches You to Use Wear Gestures

Now that the Watch Urbane is out with the latest firmware, we have new information regarding the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Audio/Charger breakout cable?

5th January 2013, 11:45 PM |#1  
Slack3r's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
More
Since it seems there aren't any docks with audio out, and Samsung is going with the universal dock as the official one, does anyone know of a breakout cable for MicroUSB to allow for both charging and audio from one input, if this is even possible? I would like to only have to plug/unplug one cable when I dock my phone in the car.

If this doesn't exist, if anyone has a pinout so I could make my own it would be appreciated
 
 
6th January 2013, 01:05 AM |#2  
jyveturkey's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
This phone fits well in the Samsung s3 dock
, even with a seidio surface case. I use one.

Sent from my SPH-L900
6th January 2013, 06:17 AM |#3  
Slack3r's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyveturkey

This phone fits well in the Samsung s3 dock
, even with a seidio surface case. I use one.

Sent from my SPH-L900

Are you talking about this dock?

Just realized that it may not be clear in my original post, but I'm talking about the car docks.
Last edited by Slack3r; 6th January 2013 at 06:22 AM.
6th January 2013, 06:36 AM |#4  
farfromovin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 382
 
More
The only one I've seen is the one that comes with the iBolt car mount...

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
7th January 2013, 05:26 PM |#5  
Slack3r's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromovin

The only one I've seen is the one that comes with the iBolt car mount...

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

I saw that as well but would prefer not to wait for it to ship, I think I am just going to make my own cable according to the instructions here and hope it works with the Note II.

It's amazing nobody has thought to fabricate a cable like this...
7th January 2013, 05:59 PM |#6  
Pathfinders's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
It's readily available on ebay, refer to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=36406791

Sent from my GT-N7105
13th April 2014, 11:18 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
sorry for the late response
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slack3r

Since it seems there aren't any docks with audio out, and Samsung is going with the universal dock as the official one, does anyone know of a breakout cable for MicroUSB to allow for both charging and audio from one input, if this is even possible? I would like to only have to plug/unplug one cable when I dock my phone in the car.

If this doesn't exist, if anyone has a pinout so I could make my own it would be appreciated

sorry for such a late response but has anyone verified if this cable works??
thanks in advance!
14th April 2014, 05:49 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,355
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezburito

sorry for such a late response but has anyone verified if this cable works??
thanks in advance!

iBolt break out cable does work, been using it in my car everyday.
The Following User Says Thank You to vectron For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th April 2014, 07:11 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectron

iBolt break out cable does work, been using it in my car everyday.

Great thank you! just one more question, is it worth getting the 20 dollar iBolt cable? or will a 5 dollar generic one on ebay suffice. I looked up the reviews for the iBolt on amazon and they do not sound to satisfied with the iBolt cable.
Thanks again in advance!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes