Question [Q] Best Earphones(In Ear) for Bass + Sound Quality

OP GGT4LIFE

1st March 2014, 05:02 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

21 posts
Hey XDA, I have reading through all the posts and cant seem to find a solid answer on this. Im looking for an in-ear earphones that provide amazing bass, without forgetting the sound quality. I like the original earphones that come with the samsung note 2 , they are pretty good and with some mods the bass that gets pushed out of them are actually pretty impressive. Problem is they arent durable at all, one of the earbuds always dies and only one works after a month or so. So as a wrap up I need :

*Amazing Bass as well as sound quality
*Durable
*Less then $140

Thanks !
1st March 2014, 07:33 PM   |  #2  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 135

192 posts
More
Post Here
i dont know whether u believe it r not.but these are the best earphones par better than samsung original..im using them from almost 8 months.getting better and beter.price is much lower than highrated dumb headphones

link:http://www.tekfusiontechnologies.com...ar-headphones/
1st March 2014, 08:09 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2,101

2,826 posts
I would suggest posting this question in Accessories Section of XDA in Jeremy's Headphone/Earphone guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2131021

You can also look through my headphone reviews: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2192333, though my focus is on balanced audiophile sound rather than basshead sound.

The problem with exaggerated bass is that it overpowers mids and treble, and muddies the song. Typically you want to look for something that has V-shaped sound (boost in mid-bass and treble and recessed mids). If you look in my review list, you will get that from Meelec M-Duo and Sennheiser CX895 (very high quality for bass with right set of eartips). But one that I would also recommend, so don't have it myself is Shure SE-215 - it goes for about $99 (either on Amazon or Saltwater) and has removable cables to extend longevity of headphones. My personal fav which I used everyday is Westone W40 but it's $500 quad-driver with tamed bass, not a basshead. There are also a few budget options I'm trying to get review samples of, Xiaomi Pistons 2 (about $30) and Astrotec AX35 (dual driver with dynamic driver for bass and armature driver for mids/treble).
1st March 2014, 09:21 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

33 posts
I'd recommend the Klipsh Image x10's. You can get em off amazon for $136.98 right now. Very crisp with surprisingly good bass. It'll be better than most other things out there.

If you can go another hundred bucks, you can get a pair of Sennheiser IE80s from Amazon.De (no import tax, ships to the US in about a week). They are, by far, the BEST bass you can get in an IEM with one of the largest soundstages of any pair of cans. They're worth the upgrade if you use IEMs a lot.

EDIT: Just stay away from Beats by Dre. Seriously. They're branded crap made by Monster. They have bass because they overload the lows so much it distorts everything else and the drivers arent quality so overtime the bass will get muddled and sound like crap. The X10s or a pair of Shures will sound exponentially better and are made better by people who know how to make and design headphones. You can get a beats plugin or flash a beats mod to get everything that would make any headphone sound just as crappy as a pair of $150 dres.
Last edited by celticpride34; 1st March 2014 at 09:26 PM.
2nd March 2014, 12:19 AM   |  #5  

2,826 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by celticpride34

I'd recommend the Klipsh Image x10's. You can get em off amazon for $136.98 right now. Very crisp with surprisingly good bass. It'll be better than most other things out there.

If you can go another hundred bucks, you can get a pair of Sennheiser IE80s from Amazon.De (no import tax, ships to the US in about a week). They are, by far, the BEST bass you can get in an IEM with one of the largest soundstages of any pair of cans. They're worth the upgrade if you use IEMs a lot.

EDIT: Just stay away from Beats by Dre. Seriously. They're branded crap made by Monster. They have bass because they overload the lows so much it distorts everything else and the drivers arent quality so overtime the bass will get muddled and sound like crap. The X10s or a pair of Shures will sound exponentially better and are made better by people who know how to make and design headphones. You can get a beats plugin or flash a beats mod to get everything that would make any headphone sound just as crappy as a pair of $150 dres.

x10 has a quality bass, not the "basshead" quantity he is looking for Klipsch is definitely a great choice, but they are more in an audiophile category rather than "fun" category, and also their quality went down (just like UE and others).

Regarding Beats, yes, stay away from them. I wouldn't blame Monster as much since they were under a contract to manufacture these headphones rather than design them. If anybody to blame it's Dr Dre Once their contract expired in 2012 and Beats went on to manufacture their own stuff, Monster is actually pumping some quality products. I just posted review of their DNA Pro over-ear headphones (in my sig link of reviews), and the sound was top notch. I'm waiting now to receive Monster iSport Victory to check out how their new in-ears sound.
4th March 2014, 04:53 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 8

89 posts
Skull Candy FJM. fits the bill, less than 24 dollars. Equalize with Viper4Android, done deal.
4th March 2014, 05:14 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 22

65 posts
More
Monoprice 8320 "enhanced bass" or ones in the same family. It's less than $10 and they often score higher than much more expensive earphones in reviews.

Of course, with a budget of $140, you can get something better, but if the Monoprice suit you fine, well, you saved $130.
5th March 2014, 01:42 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

21 posts
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone , I ended up getting the Meelec M-Duo and these are some solid earphones, modded some of the audio on the note 2 and its gives great bass that shakes my ears and I can still hear the song clearly, solid purchase! Thanks vectron for the tip !
The Following User Says Thank You to GGT4LIFE For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th March 2014, 03:40 AM   |  #9  

2,826 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGT4LIFE

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone , I ended up getting the Meelec M-Duo and these are some solid earphones, modded some of the audio on the note 2 and its gives great bass that shakes my ears and I can still hear the song clearly, solid purchase! Thanks vectron for the tip !

Meelec makes solid products, they got top support, and quite a reputation even from audiophiles on head-fi. For $66 M-Duo is a great value.
5th March 2014, 08:55 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
I would recommend Audio Technica CKS77 great bass and clarity.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread