Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Questions/Help

OP jojotheclown

26th March 2014, 01:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
First of I want to thank everyone that shares their knowledge on here.
I originally came here to root my phone so I could use ARlib. I had trouble getting that to work and tried ARU and it's working great.

Now that I have it working I'd like to protect what I have. I've been reading the forums, but even in one thread people sometimes contradict each other, so it's been hard sometimes to follow it.

I'm on 4.3 with a VRUEMK2 build. I flashed using your saferoot guide here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565758

My questions are:

What is the best/safest tool to make a backup?
How do I stop 4.4 OTA?
Is it ok to use Kies to sync or is there something better for Outlook?
I see a lot of recommendations for ES file explorer, should I get the plain one or the manager version?
Also since I can't ask in that forum and don't see it answered there, what is the advantage of the GPS injector for ARU vs. just using the phones GPS?

Thanks
Last edited by jojotheclown; 26th March 2014 at 01:50 PM.
26th March 2014, 01:58 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,267

4,288 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojotheclown

First of I want to thank everyone that shares their knowledge on here.
I originally came here to root my phone so I could use ARlib. I had trouble getting that to work and tried ARU and it's working great.

Now that I have it working I'd like to protect what I have. I've been reading the forums, but even in one thread people sometimes contradict each other, so it's been hard sometimes to follow it.

I'm on 4.3 with a VRUEMK2 build. I flashed using your saferoot guide here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565758

My questions are:

What is the best/safest tool to make a backup?
How do I stop 4.4 OTA?
Is it ok to use Kies to sync or is there something better for Outlook?
I see a lot of recommendations for ES file explorer, should I get the plain one or the manager version?
Also since I can't ask in that forum and don't see it answered there, what is the advantage of the GPS injector for ARU vs. just using the phones GPS?

Thanks

Well to make a backup ( nandroid ) you can install SafeStrap and make one in there.

To stop OTA
Install Titanium Backup and freeze " SDM " and "FWUpdater " I believe SDM is good enough though.

As far as ARU I have no idea
[emoji16]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread