Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,274 Members 46,315 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

A better Alternative.

Tip us?

Nick Fury
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1714

DONATE TO ME
Default A better Alternative.

Hi there after watching the unpacking event, and reading the full specs I dont really see much of an upgrade.

Yes they have added some good additions like the fingerprint scanner which is awesome, but alot of the other additions wont be used on a massive scale by all users.

Hardware wise, wasnt too inpressed on these either really, would of liked to see an octa-core version, plus the battery isnt too much of an upgrade.

But Ive found a clone version which in my eyes is better, comes with octa-core, looks exactly the same

http://www.goophone.cc/phones/goophone-s5.html

Again this is only my opinion, and of course others will feel different which is there right to do so.

I may even change my mind once ive got my hands on one and have a play, but as for right now, im quite disappointed with the S5.

And I am a Galaxy User myself currently having the Galaxy S3 and soon will have the Note 3 also.

Thanks for reading.
Device - Galaxy S3 I9300
Rom - Stock 4.3 I9300XXUGMJ9
Kernel - Yanks Kernel 4.0 Beta 1 ( Perfect 4.3 Kernel )

bobbarker2
Old
Thanks Meter 148
I'm sure this cheap knockoff will be worth every penny.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bobbarker2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Eric214
Old
Thanks Meter 117
I wouldnt give you $100 for that phone ROFL. No 4G data (3G only), knockoff CPU, bigger battery 2800mah then the S4 2600mah with less talk time then the S4.
Current Phone

T-Mobile 32GB - Rooted Wicked v5 (TWRP 2.6.3.8)

Current Tablet
Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB 2014 Edition

Retired Phones
Galaxy S4 (VZW MDK) sold to pay for my Note 3
Droid Bionic - Traded for Note 3
Droid X - Now a WiFi phone.

martindar
Old
Thanks Meter 184
would be great but no lte? i'd like to try before I bought one haha.

initial_k
Old
Thanks Meter 22
It's so hard to find a flagship phone that looks good, has a replaceable battery and microsd slot.
The Following User Says Thank You to initial_k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Eric214
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by martindar View Post
would be great but no lte? i'd like to try before I bought one haha.
Hmmm... No LTE is a deal breaker. 3G is barely good enough to stream YouTube vids, and sometimes it won't even stream at all on 3G.

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by initial_k View Post
It's so hard to find a flagship phone that looks good, has a replaceable battery and microsd slot.
No, it's not at all. The Note 3 is AMAZING! You should check it out.
Current Phone

T-Mobile 32GB - Rooted Wicked v5 (TWRP 2.6.3.8)

Current Tablet
Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB 2014 Edition

Retired Phones
Galaxy S4 (VZW MDK) sold to pay for my Note 3
Droid Bionic - Traded for Note 3
Droid X - Now a WiFi phone.

initial_k
Old
Thanks Meter 22
The Note 3 in a 5 inch form factor would be perfect (spec, looks and feel). Why couldn't they make a Note 3 Mini?

I already own the Note 2 and it's a big too big now and it weight a lot. I currently have the HTC one and while the metal body is great, it feels like you're holding a brick.

Nick Fury
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1714

DONATE TO ME
Yes I do understand that it doesnt have all the features of the original and of course the price represents that. But I just wasnt really impressed with the S5 so far. As I said my opinion may change once ive had an hands on experience with the device. Its thoughts at the moment.
Device - Galaxy S3 I9300

Trentors
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Fury View Post
Hi there after watching the unpacking event, and reading the full specs I dont really see much of an upgrade.

Yes they have added some good additions like the fingerprint scanner which is awesome, but alot of the other additions wont be used on a massive scale by all users.

Hardware wise, wasnt too inpressed on these either really, would of liked to see an octa-core version, plus the battery isnt too much of an upgrade.
Don't you think users will use the improved camera (a major update - not just in megapixels) and the water proofing? The improved screen with higher and lower brightness? Yes the puls-rate monitor is a bit gimmicky but unlike ALL the "air" features of S4 these functions will improve every users daily use with the phone.

Kudos for Samsung for not focusing on the one-time-wow-factor and instead improving the users daily rutine.

Nick Fury
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1714

DONATE TO ME
Yes of course i did like that they did add what users wanted. And of course everyone is going to have there own opinion of the device,
Device - Galaxy S3 I9300