Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,165 Members 43,932 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Safestrap for Tmobile Galaxy S4?

Tip us?

htcp85
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Safestrap for Tmobile Galaxy S4?

I saw that the galaxy s4 Verizon version have this safestrap recovery, why there is no tmobile s4 safestrap? Thanks.
Device : Samsung Galaxy S4 (current), HTC Amaze 4G, HTC HD2 T-Mobile USA

HampTheToker
Old
Thanks Meter 183

DONATE TO ME
Short answer: because we don't need it. The M919 already has an unlocked bootloader which allows us to replace the stock recovery with custom builds such as CWM and TWRP.

Also, nb4lock.

htcp85
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HampTheToker View Post
Short answer: because we don't need it. The M919 already has an unlocked bootloader which allows us to replace the stock recovery with custom builds such as CWM and TWRP.

Also, nb4lock.
Well as far as I know the jelly bean 4.3 update comes with Knox which has a locked bootloader. And you can't downgrade, check out this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2544503 that's why asking if there is a safestrap for Tmobile Galaxy S4.

cnewsgrp
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by htcp85 View Post
Well as far as I know the jelly bean 4.3 update comes with Knox which has a locked bootloader. And you can't downgrade, check out this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2544503 that's why asking if there is a safestrap for Tmobile Galaxy S4.
I am interested in someone answering this question - I am selling off by i337 and have bought m919. Will appreciate if someone explains because I read that m919 has Knox, but when I asked I was told its ok to flash recoveries. It confuses me

nccountrymike
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Basically knox is there to void your warranty. You can root, flash new kernels, and ROMS, but it will flag knox. Doesn't mean you can't do it, it just means that you'll no longer be able to send your phone back to samsung or tmo for warranty service. Flash away!
The Following User Says Thank You to nccountrymike For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Peņaran561
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I tried safestrap while I was on 4.3 just to mess around and it worked fine for me, but as mentioned you don't need it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Peņaran561 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

htcp85
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peņaran561 View Post
I tried safestrap while I was on 4.3 just to mess around and it worked fine for me, but as mentioned you don't need it.

So you was on 4.3 with Knox locked bootloader and try safestrap, but you said we don't need it like they said above because the bootloader is unlocked, so that means you have an unlocked bootloader with the 4.3. I don't get it .

htcp85
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Also how you installed safestrap

Peņaran561
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I found the instructions on the Verizon S4 forum

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

No locked bootloader, I just tried it out to root my phone

htcp85
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peņaran561 View Post
I found the instructions on the Verizon S4 forum

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

No locked bootloader, I just tried it out to root my phone

Well as far as I know you can root it with a locked bootloader but you void Knox Warranty 0x1. Or I'm wrong that's what I read.