Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,866 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One M8 Bug-Find List

Tip us?

pettigrew95
Old
(Last edited by pettigrew95; 29th March 2014 at 01:03 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Default HTC One M8 Bug-Find List

Hey guys...I haven't seen a thread started for this yet and since I've been toying around with my M8 all day I figured I'd share 2 bugs I seem to have found and if you guys have found any feel free to contribute. Any edits I make will be for resolutions and updates to the bugs found. So far what I've found:

- I seem to have difficulty deleting files off of the external SD card. I have my pictures saving by default to it and I noticed if I delete one it disappears then pops back up. This happens through ES File Explorer.
--Issue lies with Kit Kat version not the phone itself

- When I manually set my brightness and then open up the camera it auto increases the brightness (which I don't think is a bug) the bug however, when you exit the camera app the brightness remains the same and doesn't revert back to your manual setting.
--If you exit the camera and then shut the screen, when you turn the screen on again you have your manually set brightness back.

- the buttons like to reappear over the top in immersive mode, they appear on the side if rotation is disabled

- the task switcher has options at the top, task manager and close all that get covered by the notification bar at the top

- blinkfeed looks odd with the 4 menu buttons still appearing

- Possible static on other end when using speakerphone

- Cannot take pictures of front and back of a check with the Bank of America app check deposit feature

- Snapchat filters will cause the screen to flicker.

- When authorising Sense's access to Facebook the Facebook app will take you to your newsfeed, meaning you cant authroise until you get to the homescreen. It's somewhat confusing, if you already have a HTC phone you won't see this issue.

deeznuts
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Let me know if you find anything else on the Verizon model please as this is the one I will be getting in a few weeks. If others comment please specify which carrier model to maybe help. Thanks
Device: Verizon HTC One (M8)
Current Rom: Stock

teethgrinder32
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Spotify doesn't work yet. Crashes on launch

pettigrew95
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by teethgrinder32 View Post
Spotify doesn't work yet. Crashes on launch
Spotify works on mine.

daorderdillon
Old
Thanks Meter 602

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pettigrew95 View Post
Hey guys...I haven't seen a thread started for this yet and since I've been toying around with my M8 all day I figured I'd share 2 bugs I seem to have found and if you guys have found any feel free to contribute. So far what I've found:

- I seem to have difficulty deleting files off of the external SD card. I have my pictures saving by default to it and I noticed if I delete one it disappears then pops back up. This happens through ES File Explorer.

- When I manually set my brightness and then open up the camera it auto increases the brightness (which I don't think is a bug) the bug however, when you exit the camera app the brightness remains the same and doesn't revert back to your manual setting.

That's what I've found so far. I am using the Verizon HTC One M8.
u have kit kat so all phones have the write protection problem on ext sd u will have to root to get rid of that
CURRENTLY USING

HTC ONE M8

PAST DEVICES

HTC BUTTERFLY S 901S

HTC BUTTERFLY X920D

HTC AMAZE

HTC WILDFIRE S

jaaystott
Old
Thanks Meter 112

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by daorderdillon View Post
u have kit kat so all phones have the write protection problem on ext sd u will have to root to get rid of that
I can delete just find of my un-rooted Note 3 KitKat?
Current Device: HTC One (M8)

Previous Devices

LG: G2, Nexus 5

Apple: iPhone 5 (Black & White 16 & 32GB), iPhone 5S (Space Gray 32 & 64GB, Gold 16GB), iPad 3

Samsung: Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4, Note 3

HTC: Desire, Desire HD, Mozart, Sensation, Sensation XE, One X, One Fanboy

Sony: Xperia Arc, Xperia Z1

Blackberry: Z10

Nokia: Lumia 925

daorderdillon
Old
Thanks Meter 602

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaystott View Post
I can delete just find of my un-rooted Note 3 KitKat?
far as everyone here is concerned we are speaking on the issues of the m8 not note 3. and plus google announced the problem in every android phone ext sd wont be able to be written on http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2617921 thats the link for the note 3 cant write to sd card also u little troll.
CURRENTLY USING

HTC ONE M8

PAST DEVICES

HTC BUTTERFLY S 901S

HTC BUTTERFLY X920D

HTC AMAZE

HTC WILDFIRE S

pettigrew95
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
far as everyone here is concerned we are speaking on the issues of the m8 not note 3. and plus google announced the problem in every android phone ext sd wont be able to be written on http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2617921 thats the link for the note 3 cant write to sd card also u little troll.
I can write to the ext sd card as when I take pictures it saves to it just fine. The problem is trying to copy/cut/paste to/from it and delete off of it.

daorderdillon
Old
Thanks Meter 602

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pettigrew95 View Post
I can write to the ext sd card as when I take pictures it saves to it just fine. The problem is trying to copy/cut/paste to/from it and delete off of it.
thats what we are talking about copy/cut/paste u cant move a file from internal to ext sd which is the same a writing
CURRENTLY USING

HTC ONE M8

PAST DEVICES

HTC BUTTERFLY S 901S

HTC BUTTERFLY X920D

HTC AMAZE

HTC WILDFIRE S

hgoldner
Old
(Last edited by hgoldner; 26th March 2014 at 06:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 518
Quote:
thats what we are talking about copy/cut/paste u cant move a file from internal to ext sd which is the same a writing
It *is* possible to modify the contents of the internal and removable sdcard when connected to the PC. As discussed in several threads elsewhere, KitKat 4.4.2 has modified the manner in which apps are permitted to write to the sdcard. I'm wracking my brains because of a number of issues I'e encountered (and I have a 128g card!)

Also in the bug list:

Can't get Amazon Appstore to download apps (download always fails).
Verizon Wireless HTC One M8 - Rooted/S-Off
Firmware/ROM: Stock 1.55.605.2
Asus Transformer TF300T - Rooted/unlocked
Firmware/ROM: 10.6.1.27.5 firmware; TWRP; CROMI-X
Nexus 7 FHD (2013) - Rooted/locked - KitKat KTU84L (v4.4.3)
Chromecast - Rooted
Firmware/ROM:: FlashCast; Eureka ROM
Retired devices: HTC Rezound; Nexus 7 (2012); HTC Droid Incredible; Arnova 10 G2