Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,193 Members 37,239 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Pictures in hangouts not working

Tip us?

dark_dude
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Pictures in hangouts not working

Hangouts always used to work flawlessy. In the past days I am not able to sent pictures. There's only a retry button but it never works. I would be thankful for solutions.

Many thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

es0tericcha0s
Old
(Last edited by es0tericcha0s; 25th March 2014 at 06:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 504

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_dude View Post
Hangouts always used to work flawlessy. In the past days I am not able to sent pictures. There's only a retry button but it never works. I would be thankful for solutions.

Many thanks

I'd double check the APN settings and if those are correct, then install another app that can send messages and test with that. If that doesn't work, then you might look in many of the texting apps as they will allow you to add your own APN as well to make sure it is Hangouts and not the settings giving you issues.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)

dark_dude
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
I'd double check the APN settings and if those are correct, then install another app that can send messages and test with that. If that doesn't work, then you might look in many of the texting apps as they will allow you to add your own APN as well to make sure it is Hangouts and not the settings giving you issues.
Thanks, other messenger work fine. And the apn is correct. I just added another Google account, and sending messages with pictures using this account in hangouts works. It seems to have something to do with my account.

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 504

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks, other messenger work fine. And the apn is correct. I just added another Google account, and sending messages with pictures using this account in hangouts works. It seems to have something to do with my account.

Hmm, that's an odd one. Maybe try changing the password on the 1st account so it will force you to sign back in. Maybe that'll be enough to jump start the MMS for that account again.
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dark_dude
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
That worked. Many thanks.

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 504

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
That worked. Many thanks.

Awesome! Glad all is well again.

garymoody2014
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i have same error in my galaxy note 2......

cascio97
Old
Thanks Meter 35

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by garymoody2014 View Post
i have same error in my galaxy note 2......
I have had the same problem with my LG G Flex. I had to browse to /etc/hosts file and it should contain some strings about "account.google" or something like that. Delete that line and it should work fine.
Hey man, press the THANKS btn if I helped!

Devices I have had:

LG Nexus 5 (current, AWESOME)
LG G Flex D958 (sold)
Samsung Galaxy S3 i9305 (sold)
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 (sold)
Google Nexus 5 D820 (sold)
Google Nexus 4 Mako (sold)
HTC One 801e (sold)
Sony Xperia Z1 C6903 (sold)
iPhone 5s (sold)
LG Optimus 7 E900 (sold)
LG Optimus One P500 (broken)