Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 39,242 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Droid bionic JB FXZ help!

Tip us?
 
Dirtdawg57
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 23
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default Droid bionic JB FXZ help!

So I tried to install JB from recovery and it said successful but then it was stuck in a bootloop at the droid eye. I cleaned the cache and some other things and it still didn't work. Then I made it worse by trying a second time to install JB from my SD card and it failed. Now I just get a black screen after the moto symbol. So I am trying to use RSD lite 6.1.4(Newest version?) and the JB FXZ from "h ttp://sbf.droid-developers.org/cdma_targa/list.php" to flash it but it is failing and saying "Failed flashing process. 5/24 oem fb_mode_set -> Phone returned FAIL" Any ideas of how to get past this? Thanks!
 
Noovberd
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 1
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtdawg57 View Post
So I tried to install JB from recovery and it said successful but then it was stuck in a bootloop at the droid eye. I cleaned the cache and some other things and it still didn't work. Then I made it worse by trying a second time to install JB from my SD card and it failed. Now I just get a black screen after the moto symbol. So I am trying to use RSD lite 6.1.4(Newest version?) and the JB FXZ from "h ttp://sbf.droid-developers.org/cdma_targa/list.php" to flash it but it is failing and saying "Failed flashing process. 5/24 oem fb_mode_set -> Phone returned FAIL" Any ideas of how to get past this? Thanks!
Take the CDT file and the BOOT.IMG from the JB FXZ and overwrite the same files in an ICS (246) FXZ. It probably won't work, but you should be able to reach your recovery. If you have the JB update on your SD card just install it from there and you should be good to go.
The Following User Says Thank You to Noovberd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mc_akiong
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 1
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtdawg57 View Post
So I tried to install JB from recovery and it said successful but then it was stuck in a bootloop at the droid eye. I cleaned the cache and some other things and it still didn't work. Then I made it worse by trying a second time to install JB from my SD card and it failed. Now I just get a black screen after the moto symbol. So I am trying to use RSD lite 6.1.4(Newest version?) and the JB FXZ from "h ttp://sbf.droid-developers.org/cdma_targa/list.php" to flash it but it is failing and saying "Failed flashing process. 5/24 oem fb_mode_set -> Phone returned FAIL" Any ideas of how to get past this? Thanks!
1. open the file : cdma_targa_9.8.2O-72_VZW-22_cfc
2. remove the line : <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_set" /> AND <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_clear" />
3. Save
4. Try flash use RSD
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mc_akiong For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Dirtdawg57
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 23
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_akiong View Post
1. open the file : cdma_targa_9.8.2O-72_VZW-22_cfc
2. remove the line : <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_set" /> AND <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_clear" />
3. Save
4. Try flash use RSD
I found this method last night on a RAZR forum. I just opened the file up in notepad and removed those 2 lines and RSD worked great! I was so excited because I had just had it up at Verizon and they had said the phone was dead. Thanks for your responses!
The Following User Says Thank You to Dirtdawg57 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Obsidian...
Old
#5  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 632
Posts: 238
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bloomfield Hills

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtdawg57 View Post
I found this method last night on a RAZR forum. I just opened the file up in notepad and removed those 2 lines and RSD worked great! I was so excited because I had just had it up at Verizon and they had said the phone was dead. Thanks for your responses!
Yeah always go to the HoB for this stuff Samuri will have your back

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
 
jodaschmo
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 52
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian... View Post
Yeah always go to the HoB for this stuff Samuri will have your back

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
Sir i did this exactly as stated, and still i get the fail at 5... am I to remove from the first to the second part?
 
ravervanc3
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default saved my life(bionic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_akiong View Post
1. open the file : cdma_targa_9.8.2O-72_VZW-22_cfc
2. remove the line : <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_set" /> AND <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_clear" />
3. Save
4. Try flash use RSD
i've never had problems using an FXZ until i was trying to unlock my bionic for use on ATT/TMO and things went awry, and this just save my bionic from being a tinker toy....
 
ilmostro7
Old
#8  
ilmostro7's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 19
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicago
Here's another person that had the same issue with the boot loop after sbf_flash update. He resolved the issue after wiping the data and cache in recovery. Hope that helps...someone; even if it may come a little late for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by facelessuser View Post
A note to people who try and do the SBF. Wipe your data and cache in recovery if you have a boot loop after flashing. I have verified this method works, but I had to wipe my data and cache afterwards to get past an infinite boot loop.
  • Motorola Droid Bionic Android 4.1.2
  • HTC Espresso--myTouch3g Slide (out of service)
  • Lenovo Ideapad A2109 Android 4.2.2 --custom CM 10.1
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (Wi-Fi) --stock Android 4.1.2
 
missilemanboom
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Rapid City
Thumbs up Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_akiong View Post
1. open the file : cdma_targa_9.8.2O-72_VZW-22_cfc
2. remove the line : <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_set" /> AND <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_clear" />
3. Save
4. Try flash use RSD
Led me down the right path. Ended up having to decompress, edit file then create new zip. Never would have thought of it if i hadn't seen your post.
 
PassingThruLife
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 278
Join Date: Jun 2012
im having the same issue i believe but the sbf goes through but the phone still is stuck in some boot loop.
Droid Dna * Droid 3 (flashed with xt883 radio for use on GSM networks) * Atrix 2 (piece of trash) *
Nexus 7(1st gen.)

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes