Post Reply

[Q]Battery drains very fast

OP dicks93277

19th March 2014, 02:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
129 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Hello developers
I fully charged my battery last night before I go to sleep, but when I got up this morning, I found that my battery just got 25% remained.
Last this situation happened was about two month ago.
My battery is the original one with my phone.
Oh, I change a battery from HTC because the first one is dead in somehow I don't know.
So, is there anyone know how to resolve this problem?
Thanks for any help.

Sent from my HTC_Desire_200 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th March 2014, 03:49 AM   |  #2  
TheArc's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Auckland City
Thanks Meter: 1,798
 
2,288 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicks93277

Hello developers
I fully charged my battery last night before I go to sleep, but when I got up this morning, I found that my battery just got 25% remained.
Last this situation happened was about two month ago.
My battery is the original one with my phone.
Oh, I change a battery from HTC because the first one is dead in somehow I don't know.
So, is there anyone know how to resolve this problem?
Thanks for any help.

Sent from my HTC_Desire_200 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Firstly my friend. Go to Settings and open the Battery tab. And screenshot it and post it here thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
19th March 2014, 05:15 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
129 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Attachment 2638078
Battery status : charging(ac)
Fastboot : enabled
Click image for larger version

Name:	1395202193914.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	2638079
Screen : 95%
Standby : 5%
Time of using Battery : 10hr 38min45sec

Sent from my HTC_Desire_200 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th March 2014, 08:17 AM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicks93277

Attachment 2638078
Battery status : charging(ac)
Fastboot : enabled
Attachment 2638079
Screen : 95%
Standby : 5%
Time of using Battery : 10hr 38min45sec

Sent from my HTC_Desire_200 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Text is in something I can't read (probably Taiwanese ? ) but from what I can tell, the CPU of the phone stays at 100% all the time.

There's just no way the screen could use that much power when it's turned OFF the whole night, unless you have a defective board, which would need to be replaced.

If you didn't install any apps that could cause this (meaning this happened as soon as you bought the phone) it appears to be a problem with the firmware's power management, meaning it has none

Flash another stock or custom firmware and that should fix it, just make sure its any other firmware than the one you currently have.

That's my opinion, based on what I can see and on my experience (I'm not a developer).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UzY3L For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2014, 10:45 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
129 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by UzY3L

Text is in something I can't read (probably Taiwanese ? ) but from what I can tell, the CPU of the phone stays at 100% all the time.

There's just no way the screen could use that much power when it's turned OFF the whole night, unless you have a defective board, which would need to be replaced.

If you didn't install any apps that could cause this (meaning this happened as soon as you bought the phone) it appears to be a problem with the firmware's power management, meaning it has none

Flash another stock or custom firmware and that should fix it, just make sure its any other firmware than the one you currently have.

That's my opinion, based on what I can see and on my experience (I'm not a developer).

Thanks for the reply.

In the battery usage page, it never shows how much do apps use battery...
But, with my experience, I got to say this problem happens randomly...
Then,I found that reboot my phone can solve the problem like a magic trick.

Sent from my HTC_Desire_200 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th March 2014, 10:50 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
129 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicks93277

Thanks for the reply.

In the battery usage page, it never shows how much do apps use battery...
But, with my experience, I got to say this problem happens randomly...
Then,I found that reboot my phone can solve the problem like a magic trick.

Sent from my HTC_Desire_200 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Oh... Forgot one thing to say,
I bricked my phone few weeks ago...
So I send it to HTC for repair, then I got a new motherboard inside my old phone , and since the motherboard is new...
So I think the problem may not caused by the motherboard.

Sent from my HTC_Desire_200 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th March 2014, 11:47 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicks93277

Oh... Forgot one thing to say,
I bricked my phone few weeks ago...
So I send it to HTC for repair, then I got a new motherboard inside my old phone , and since the motherboard is new...
So I think the problem may not caused by the motherboard.

Sent from my HTC_Desire_200 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I'm glad you managed to get it to work. But if rebooting it fixes the problem, then it might be because of a bad ROM. Try a re-flash or take it back to HTC and explain it to them.

Over-charging the phone will kill the battery and it might even cause it to inflate or blow-up. That's how accidents happen
22nd March 2014, 11:13 AM   |  #8  
DanyOkta's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Mojokerto, East Java
Thanks Meter: 1
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
ASK
hey, is battery saver app in PS works perfectly?? or just make android laggy.
22nd March 2014, 12:00 PM   |  #9  
AlfasMP's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag here , @xda
Thanks Meter: 144
 
237 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Dude , rebooting is not a perfect solution . Just changes the battery with an other one . Some times your changed battery will makes this all mistakes .

Did you oveclocked your htc?? Ovrer overclocking may cause this problem . Well Check and install a new kernal .


Click thanks if I helped

Sent from my GT-S7562 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
22nd March 2014, 12:05 PM   |  #10  
|>/\nte's Avatar
Senior Member
Utopia
Thanks Meter: 22
 
192 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicks93277

Thanks for the reply.

In the battery usage page, it never shows how much do apps use battery...
But, with my experience, I got to say this problem happens randomly...
Then,I found that reboot my phone can solve the problem like a magic trick.

Sent from my HTC_Desire_200 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Seems like a problem that the rom causes. You can try powering off the phone, removing the battery for at least 10-15 seconds and then put it back in and see the results (that's similar to the wipe battery stats option in recoveries). If that doesn't work, the only sonution is to flash another rom, whether it's a stock or a custom one.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Questions and Answers by ThreadRank