Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,426 Members 53,511 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Why won't my nexus 7 connect to wifi?

Tip us?

xboxguy9611
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Why won't my nexus 7 connect to wifi?

It works fine for the wifi at my house but when I try to connect at my grandpa and grandmas it won't work I typed in the pass code and pressed the wps button while it was connecting and it still didn't work they have century link and it can only hold so many devices at a time but I will disconnect everything from the wifi and then try and it still doesn't work.

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

gokart2
Old
Thanks Meter 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxguy9611 View Post
It works fine for the wifi at my house but when I try to connect at my grandpa and grandmas it won't work I typed in the pass code and pressed the wps button while it was connecting and it still didn't work they have century link and it can only hold so many devices at a time but I will disconnect everything from the wifi and then try and it still doesn't work.

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium
My wife is having similar problems. After updating to 4.1.2, she can no longer connect to WiFi at her job. Before the update, there was no issue. She called freaking out on me, saying that it just sits there at "authenticating".
---------------------------------------------------
Moto X [XT1056-Sprint]
Stock ROM or AOSPA
Nexus 7- It died....

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20649
have you tried unplugging their router then plugging it back in?
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

fnztakedown
Old
Thanks Meter 39
First off. I have more than likely the same modem/router you have. I know that when setting up the modem it DOES give you the option of using a different WiFi password. When I went to my fathers I was having an issue with the one they created so I factory rest it on the modem. The WPS push button is horrible. Doesn't work at all. Make sure that you have the proper WiFi key and also test other devices on the network to ensure there is no issues. If everything checks out do some testing. Go to the home page of the modem and change the encryption type to open or WEP with a new password. If you don't know how contact your ISP they will remote into the modem or walk you through it. But I guarantee you they won't touch your tab

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
Finally got rid of that Photon! Running Samsung S4 touchwiz with mods

ALD3
Old
(Last edited by ALD3; 13th November 2012 at 10:42 AM.)
Thanks Meter 152
Same problem with my son's nexus 7 on the 4.1.2 update, will not connect wifi. Has NOTHING to do with his internet connection as 2 laptops connect tfine with no problems, also galaxy tab 7". He was out of town when he updated and called me, I suggested a factory reset. Now he can't get past setup to change settings/development /usb debugging on. Just sits trying to connect..

Enddo
Old
Thanks Meter 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD3 View Post
Same problem with my son's nexus 7 on the 4.1.2 update, will not connect wifi. Has NOTHING to do with his internet connection as 2 laptops connect tfine with no problems, also galaxy tab 7". He was out of town when he updated and called me, I suggested a factory reset. Now he can't get past setup to change settings/development /usb debugging on. Just sits trying to connect..
im going throught this exact issue right now

Nexus 5 - Paranoid Android
Nexus 7 - Paranoid Android

dexviajiboy
Old
Thanks Meter 178
Temporary Fix: Wifi issue on Nexus 7
App:
-Need Rooted
-Root Explorer/ES explorer etc
-Terminal Emulator

Caution:this action will remove ppoe setting in your router, you need setup again your router or try Turn Off your router first.
*use root explorer/ES explorer etc. navigate to /system/etc/dhcpd

*remove all file insde dhcpd folder (contain 2 file + 1folder).
*connect back your nexus 7 to wifi

*if you got obtained ip address, open Terminal Emulator & excute this:
-su
-netcfg wlan0 dhcp
-netcfg lo DOWN
-exit
-exit
*done. Test your connection..

hope its help...
technically idk why this happen dont ask me, but its issue solved on KOT49H and KVT49L ROM

GOOGLE NEXUS 7 // 4.2.2 (JDQ39)