Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,372 Members 39,305 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck in extreme power saving mode

Tip us?

mmcjam07
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Default [Q] Stuck in extreme power saving mode

I switched on extreme power saving mode because I only had 6 percent battery life left and didn't have access to an outlet. Now that I do have it charging, it wont let me disable it. When I click exit it just says Please Wait (been like that for about 20 minutes). Any idea how to fix this?
I am completely stock and unrooted
I've tried shutting down and restarting

eric00716
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcjam07 View Post
I switched on extreme power saving mode because I only had 6 percent battery life left and didn't have access to an outlet. Now that I do have it charging, it wont let me disable it. When I click exit it just says Please Wait (been like that for about 20 minutes). Any idea how to fix this?
I am completely stock and unrooted
I've tried shutting down and restarting
Only way i can think of is to reboot to bootloader and factory reset. Plug it in your computer to see if you can save your pics and stuff. If you went to a sprint store that is what they would do.

To get into bootloader power off device hold volume down and the power button. Click hboot then factory reset. That should do it.
Screw you guys i'm going home
The Following User Says Thank You to eric00716 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mmcjam07
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric00716 View Post
Only way i can think of is to reboot to bootloader and factory reset. Plug it in your computer to see if you can save your pics and stuff. If you went to a sprint store that is what they would do.

To get into bootloader power off device hold volume down and the power button. Click hboot then factory reset. That should do it.
Thanks for the response. After about an hour of trying any and everything to get it working I was able to find a way into the power save settings and disable it from there. Not really sure what happened

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

CV44
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Thanks for the response. After about an hour of trying any and everything to get it working I was able to find a way into the power save settings and disable it from there. Not really sure what happened

For some reason both power saving modes are greyed out & I can't even turn them on, any suggestions?

mmcjam07
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by CV44 View Post
For some reason both power saving modes are greyed out & I can't even turn them on, any suggestions?
I was able to get mine greyed out by going into Developer Options and checking the High Performance Mode option. Maybe yours is checked?

CV44
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I was able to get mine greyed out by going into Developer Options and checking the High Performance Mode option. Maybe yours is checked?

Dude, you are the man! thanks!

mmcjam07
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by CV44 View Post
Dude, you are the man! thanks!
No problem!

Robbie_G
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:

How did you get into the power save settings? I wasn't able to when I was stuck in extreme power save mode.

mmcjam07
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie_G View Post
How did you get into the power save settings? I wasn't able to when I was stuck in extreme power save mode.
I went to phone, then the menu button, settings, then click the back button on the top right and it will take you into the System Settings

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mmcjam07 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dreDrennon1
Old
Thanks Meter 308

DONATE TO ME
Same thing happened to me I called HTC and we got it into safe mode and when I hit the home button extreme power saving mode pooped up as a homescreen/launcher along with blink feed and nova so I selected nova and no more issues

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Knoxraid V3 KitKat 4.4.2