Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,935 Members 51,898 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

IMEI number

Tip us?

ShadowReaperGR
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default IMEI number

Hello,

I remember from older phones, you could find where your devices was made, by looking at the 7th and 8th digit of the IMEI. I want to buy a I9505 phone and I am concerned about the quality of the device, the 7th and 8th digits are 06 which means the phone was made in China.

Does this rule still applies?

yonye87
Old
Thanks Meter 1
just check the CSC code, using *#1234#

the letters in the middle shows you the version from the region,

ex.: I9505BTUFNB3

BTU stands for UK

ShadowReaperGR
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I checked the IMEI with Samsung and they said that the phone is for France (I don't live there by the way). Also from what I know France has yet to receive 4.4.2 version. That means my phone will not update?

Joku1981
Old
Thanks Meter 549

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowReaperGR View Post
I checked the IMEI with Samsung and they said that the phone is for France (I don't live there by the way). Also from what I know France has yet to receive 4.4.2 version. That means my phone will not update?
Ur phone have CSC of france, this mean it will be receive the updates of the french firmware. You can travel to other part of the world and u will still receiving that updates

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA

exprxp
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
France 1 part of info, what about CSC in your phone?

For example XEF France.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Hello,

I remember from older phones, you could find where your devices was made, by looking at the 7th and 8th digit of the IMEI. I want to buy a I9505 phone and I am concerned about the quality of the device, the 7th and 8th digits are 06 which means the phone was made in China.

Does this rule still applies?

06 means This Year phones and can be from UK, but not from China coz they have I9500 not I9505

ShadowReaperGR
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I have not bought the phone yet. Just asked for the IMEI number and checked it with Samsung

exprxp
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
I have not bought the phone yet. Just asked for the IMEI number and checked it with Samsung
You are right, Kitkat not yet released for France. (BOG FTM XEF etc) They have now JB only.