Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,444 Members 43,187 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Are there any FM Radio apps for android?

Tip us?

dstarfire
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default Are there any FM Radio apps for android?

Are there any working FM radio apps for the android?

The stock rom for my Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 includes and FM radio app. However the custom rom I installed did not include one, and searching the app market has revealed only a ton of apps that stream radio from the internet (seems every radio station in the country has their own app), and a tuner app that can't even launch without crashing itself.
Disclaimer: I'm a pro with computers, but a relative newbie with smartphones/tablets (and linux in general).
The Following User Says Thank You to dstarfire For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MissionImprobable
Old
Thanks Meter 855
Both MIUI and CM have FM radio apps. Don't know of any from the market.
The cat lord is all-powerful!

kilometers4
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2881

DONATE TO ME
There's spirit from the xda app section too

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

sidthegreatest
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilometers4 View Post
There's spirit from the xda app section too

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
Spirit's the way to go IMO
PHONES : Moto SLVR L7--> Moto ROKR EM30--> Micromax Q7--> HTC Wildfire S--> Samsung Galaxy SIII--> LG G2 [AOSPA]
TABLETS : Kindle Fire--> Nexus 7--> Nexus 10 --> Surface Pro 2 [Windows 8.1]
The Following User Says Thank You to sidthegreatest For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BreetDaren
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 3
Default Working FM for Android

Yes sure there is FM radio app exist that will be available and used on the android phones such as "TuneIn". It is basically a great Application because it allows you to listen to around 25,000 FM stations. Isn't that cool? Moreover you can also able to get more radio apps in Android phones

gagdude
Old
Thanks Meter 562

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreetDaren View Post
Yes sure there is FM radio app exist that will be available and used on the android phones such as "TuneIn". It is basically a great Application because it allows you to listen to around 25,000 FM stations. Isn't that cool? Moreover you can also able to get more radio apps in Android phones
That actually streams FM radio from the internet. True FM radio is a hardware requirement, but with smartphone data plans manufacturers don't really include them anymore.

Sent from my MB508 using xda premium
MY LINE OF DEVICES

Bold indicates daily driver, r indicates rooted/ROM'd

iPod Touch 4 | Motorola Cliq - r | LG Ally - r | Motorola Droid - r | Motorola Droid 2 | Samsung Focus | Motorola Flipside - r | LG MyTouch Q - r | Kyocera Rise | LG Nexus 4 - r | Motorola Atrix 2 | HTC Droid DNA - r | LG Nexus 5 - r | HTC One M8 - r

The Following User Says Thank You to gagdude For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BillBauman
Old
Thanks Meter 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidthegreatest View Post
Spirit's the way to go IMO
Thanks, guys! This is actually quite useful, and not something I'd even thought to look for. A lot of gyms have the TV's on FM, so it would be nice to be able to use my phone to tune in.

thetitans89
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Better use steam radio or ask for stock fm apk .

Sent from my MT11i using xda premium

csas25
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Definently use sprint

oopewan
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBauman View Post
Thanks, guys! This is actually quite useful, and not something I'd even thought to look for. A lot of gyms have the TV's on FM, so it would be nice to be able to use my phone to tune in.
Yeah, the internet radio apps won't help you there. You need to have a phone that has FM tuner program. These programs use the headphones as antennas to absorb the radio waves. This isn't something you can download. My experience with these has been poor in the past.