No registration required

[Q] How to backup data without root?

OP issawillwin

25th March 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

137 posts
Hello everyone,
I'm trying to copy my data/savegame of Dungeon Hunter 4 from my tf701t (not rooted) to my Xperia SP (rooted) using Helium. The saving process is complete but the restore fails at ~97%.

Is there another app who can save datas of an app without root?
Thanks

Envoyé de mon K00C en utilisant Tapatalk
26th March 2014, 07:06 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 7

122 posts
Something to try...
QUOTE=issawillwin;51365651]Hello everyone,
I'm trying to copy my data/savegame of Dungeon Hunter 4 from my tf701t (not rooted) to my Xperia SP (rooted) using Helium. The saving process is complete but the restore fails at ~97%.

Thanks

Envoyé de mon K00C en utilisant Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I've been using the App Backup app that comes with the Asus to back up my game data. It works just fine, and I'm not rooted. If the backup is too large, I'll also just back up the specific games I'm hoping to save. A further suggestion, you can move the abu backup file to the external card, or to Dropbox. That way, if you do a factory reset, you can still restore the game data. This was after constantly having to start my Angry Birds over and over.
Last edited by Reggie777; 26th March 2014 at 07:43 AM.
26th March 2014, 10:42 AM   |  #3  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,001

3,030 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie777

QUOTE=issawillwin;51365651]Hello everyone,

Thanks

Envoyé de mon K00C en utilisant Tapatalk

Quote:

I've been using the App Backup app that comes with the Asus to back up my game data. It works just fine, and I'm not rooted. If the backup is too large, I'll also just back up the specific games I'm hoping to save. A further suggestion, you can move the abu backup file to the external card, or to Dropbox. That way, if you do a factory reset, you can still restore the game data. This was after constantly having to start my Angry Birds over and over.

A backup made in Asus Backup will not restore on non-Asus device. @Issawillin, it says right on the Play Store page of Helium that it does not work on your Sony device. Identify where your game stores data on the 701 and copy it to the same place on the xperia.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk
26th March 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 7

122 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb

A backup made in Asus Backup will not restore on non-Asus device. @Issawillin, it says right on the Play Store page of Helium that it does not work on your Sony device. Identify where your game stores data on the 701 and copy it to the same place on the xperia.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

My bite. Sorry. I didn't read the OP carefully. Didn't register that it was a non Asus device.
27th March 2014, 01:50 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

137 posts
Thank you all for these solutions. In fact i was looking for a backup for my phone on the only goal of make a titanium back up. But i didn't know that the asus bloat app could work that much. Thank you all. Asus backup app is perfect for saving datas.

Envoyé de mon C5303 en utilisant Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread