Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,438 Members 43,399 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lightweight sleeve cover for home use?

Tip us?

itm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Lightweight sleeve cover for home use?

I currently have a Poetic Slimline case for my Nexus 10 (with hard back and magnetic cover), but it makes the tablet quite heavy to hold when I'm using it as an e-reader. Since it very rarely leaves the house I'm now looking for a lightweight sleeve which I can slip it into when I'm not using it - preferably a simple, soft sleeve with no zip. It's just to give it a small amount of protection from things being placed on top of it when it's lying on the table or sofa. Can anyone recommend anything? (in the UK)

cxhb
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I had a moko slim when I owned my nexus 10 for a short period of time. I loved it AND it was cheap. I dont know how hard it is to get across the pond but I believe dodocase makes a classy looking leather sleeve thats slightly padded. Only bad thing is it's pretty expensive ($65 US).

itm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxhb View Post
I had a moko slim when I owned my nexus 10 for a short period of time. I loved it AND it was cheap. I dont know how hard it is to get across the pond but I believe dodocase makes a classy looking leather sleeve thats slightly padded. Only bad thing is it's pretty expensive ($65 US).
Thanks for the reply. The moko slim looks pretty similar to the poetic slimline case that I already have - it adds alot of bulk to the tablet. Unfortunately the $65 price tag for a dodocase rules it out - I'd personally never spend 20% of the price of the tablet on a case!

cxhb
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Lol agreed. At 20% the cost of the tablet its an awfully steep price... Check amazon for faux leather sleeves. I want to say I've seen some for mega cheap. Or maybe the Google play store still has the official cover- that would be nice because it integrates into that peel off back panel by the camera and barely adds any weight. But then it only protects the screen...

Sent from my XT1053 using xda app-developers app

ColinB63
Old
Thanks Meter 34
I know you didn't want a zip but this is what I am using. Gives some protection when not in use but no extra weight when using the tablet.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-1-Neopr...item19e25489bf

Works great.
Samsung Galaxy S I9000 - CyanogenMod 11 (4.4.2)

Nexus 10 - Stock (4.4.2)

Android Stick MK809 II - Finless 1.7a

itm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinB63 View Post
I know you didn't want a zip but this is what I am using. Gives some protection when not in use but no extra weight when using the tablet.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-1-Neopr...item19e25489bf

Works great.
Thanks for the suggestion. I usually leave the tablet on charge when it's not in use, which is the main reason for not wanting a zip as it would get in the way. I know I could leave it unzipped, but it would just be simpler to find a sleeve that the tablet slides into from the top. Like a large sock, I suppose.