Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,535 Members 40,001 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Email Hyperlinks... what options are there?

Tip us?

Lamski
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Email Hyperlinks... what options are there?

I just got my new Nexus 10 and updated to kit kat 4.4.2 right away and so far so good except the stock email client doesnt show hyperlinks on url's, just the text with no easy way to get them open. Full HTML email links are still clickable but not the simple text links.

What is the easiest way to go about getting these links to work? I have installed another client and they do work but I don't like the complexity and features of the client I downloaded. I'd much rather just use the simple stock client but no links is a deal breaker for me.

Would a root and new rom give me clickable links?

XxLordxX
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 943

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamski View Post
I just got my new Nexus 10 and updated to kit kat 4.4.2 right away and so far so good except the stock email client doesnt show hyperlinks on url's, just the text with no easy way to get them open. Full HTML email links are still clickable but not the simple text links.

What is the easiest way to go about getting these links to work? I have installed another client and they do work but I don't like the complexity and features of the client I downloaded. I'd much rather just use the simple stock client but no links is a deal breaker for me.

Would a root and new rom give me clickable links?
Hi,

I believe it may be something in the app, so it won't work either changing ROM or rooting, the problem is with the app itself . I don't know if 4.3-4.2 had this.

The best solution would be finding a client you like, sorry .

~Lord

"All I Ever Needed Was A Little Piece of Hope" - World of Fantasy (Helloween)
Sent from my monstrous Xperia Z1