Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,266 Members 45,447 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[q] how to root lg g pro f240l with official kitkat 4.4.2

Tip us?

kamran95
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Unhappy [q] how to root lg g pro f240l with official kitkat 4.4.2

HI EVERYONE,

FOR PAST SOME TIME IM HAVING LG G PRO F240L AND YESTERDAY IT UPDATED TO OFFICIAL KITKAT 4.4.2, NOW I NEED TO ROOT IT AND ALMOST GONE THROUGH EVERY POSSIBLE WAY BUT IT DIDNT ROOT MY PHONE SO NOW I NEED EXPERT GUIDANCE AND SOLUTION PLZ. HELP ME GUYS
The Following User Says Thank You to kamran95 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fronz
Old
Thanks Meter 32
I dont think there is one for the official kitkat yet. I flashed mine through CWM (kitkat & superuser)

sent from my kit kat e980

kamran95
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Tell me how u did it ? I will do it as you did it

Sent from my LG-F240L using xda app-developers app

galapagos
Old
(Last edited by galapagos; 30th March 2014 at 04:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by fronz View Post
I dont think there is one for the official kitkat yet. I flashed mine through CWM (kitkat & superuser)

sent from my kit kat e980
I've found the kitkat rooting tool for Optimus G Pro which was released yesterday. It's confirmed to be working for F240x series phones with KitKat.

StartRoot.bat will take you to a cwm recovery mode in where you can select the sideload option to install the root files. Once done, just install supersu from Play.
Just tried it on a F240K and works fine.
Attached Files
File Type: zip roottool.kitkat.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.35 MB, 3664 views)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to galapagos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shanmukha24
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Thumbs up It's working On AT&T E980 (unlocked) E98018c too

Quote:
Originally Posted by galapagos View Post
I've found the kitkat rooting tool for Optimus G Pro which was released yesterday. It's confirmed to be working for F240x series phones with KitKat.

StartRoot.bat will take you to a cwm recovery mode in where you can select the sideload option to install the root files. Once done, just install supersu from Play.
Thank you very much. Alas, Finally I could get rooted my G Pro.

kamran95
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Thumbs up Thanksssssssssssssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanmukha24 View Post
Thank you very much. Alas, Finally I could get rooted my G Pro.
Thankssssssssssss Man you are the life saver..............

kamran95
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Unhappy need more help

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamran95 View Post
Thankssssssssssss Man you are the life saver..............
thanks mate for helping me rooting my device but another issue arose, i CANT ACCESS MY SDCARD DATA OR EXTERNAL CARD IN RECOVERY MODE ???? WHAT THIS COULD BE ?

imfuzzyyy
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Default help

hi guyz i saw the rooting tool but i dont know the step by step can someone help me using that root tools posted in this thread? please because im scared to brick my phone

---------- Post added at 02:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 AM ----------

Quote:

hi mate can you help me using this tool? step by step? please?! im begging you thanks....

galapagos
Old
Thanks Meter 217
The step by step instruction is already provided once you start the bat file. Just follow the instruction on the screen.

Sent from my LG-F240K using Tapatalk

imfuzzyyy
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:

Quote:
The step by step instruction is already provided once you start the bat file. Just follow the instruction on the screen.

Sent from my LG-F240K using Tapatalk
thank you so much sir.. ill try it later... btw if I use this, will it install also a CWM? my phone brick 3x because of freegee and Im scared using it again coz I pay too much to make my phone back to life T_T