FORUMS

Hands-on With T-Mo LG G4 and Q&A

XDA Senior Member WinDroidGuy posted a hands-on video of the T-Mobile LG G4, and he is now … more

Quick Notes – Notification Panel Reminders

This app by XDA Senior Member yogi.306 is a quick and productive tool that … more

Who Is Your Favorite YouTuber That Covers Mobile?

There are dozens of talented YouTubers who cover mobile, but we want to know which … more

Galaxy S6 Shipping with Different Camera Models

One of the Galaxy S6’s most flaunted features is its spectacular camera, its 16MP … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Question Titanium Backup folder not showing up in Windows Explorer

22nd April 2012, 06:25 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 20

More
I'm a little behind on World Backup Day because I just moved into a new office and have had my head up my ass but I digress.
I just got around to backing up my G2x and my 201 tonight. I backed up to the SD card and synced both to Box.com but my problem lies with Prime and Windows Explorer.
I am copying the TitaniumBackup folder to my Win 7 PC for further redundancy but it is not showing up.

As you can see it shows up on the tablet: http://i.imgur.com/bR20X.jpg
But not when I connect to my PC: http://i.imgur.com/vDLCV.jpg

Is there something I am missing? WTF happened to the Titanium Backup folder?
Any help would be much appreciated. I will update OP if I get it sorted myself.
-Thanks

Update: Yes I just moved the folder with a SD card reader but that is just a workaround, not a solution.
Last edited by Scumbag Inc.; 22nd April 2012 at 07:55 AM.

22nd April 2012, 01:46 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 98

More
You have to use air droid or wifi explorer to transfer the tb folder. Because of MTP some folders that are considered 'system folders' cannot be seen in MTP mode.
The Following User Says Thank You to yumms For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2012, 11:20 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Storage Had the same problem, did a different work-around
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumbag Inc.

I'm a little behind on World Backup Day because I just moved into a new office and have had my head up my ass but I digress.
I just got around to backing up my G2x and my 201 tonight. I backed up to the SD card and synced both to Box.com but my problem lies with Prime and Windows Explorer.
I am copying the TitaniumBackup folder to my Win 7 PC for further redundancy but it is not showing up.

-snip-

Is there something I am missing? WTF happened to the Titanium Backup folder?
Any help would be much appreciated. I will update OP if I get it sorted myself.
-Thanks

Update: Yes I just moved the folder with a SD card reader but that is just a workaround, not a solution.

I renamed the folder "Titanium Backup" from ES File Explorer and lo and behold, it then showed up in in Windows explorer and I was able to copy it out to Windows.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KrK007 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th April 2015, 12:07 PM |#4  
Flag Teddington
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrK007

I renamed the folder "Titanium Backup" from ES File Explorer and lo and behold, it then showed up in in Windows explorer and I was able to copy it out to Windows.

This didn't work for me - folder visible but still empty - so I used astro to select all, move to "obb" (empty), paste.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread