Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,659 Members 44,269 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help Going to Custom Rom

Tip us?

Nailen
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help Going to Custom Rom

I have posted it on another thread but no luck so I will post a new thread. I have tf201. Its an awesome device (aside from the week wifi signal) and I have been happily draining its battery for the last 2.5 years. However the time has come to move to a custom rom. Asus abandoned the device for no reason and things are starting to slow down and its just sad. So I am thinking of taking the big step for rooting and going to a custom Rom in order to restore the glory of this awesome device. I searched and I have concluded that perhaps the best solution is the SlimKat rom but here things get tricky. Most of the guides I have seen mention that though its a TF300 rom it is compatible with TF201 but the process only mentions guidelines for TF300 users.

So I need help and I am sure there are a couple of people out there in the same need. I am on a stock version of 4.1.1 with a 10.4.2.18 kernel. Can anyone provide a full process for doing the upgrade. And I mean a full process like rooting, installing twrp , upgrading kernel and etc. I know most people post links saying go there and you will find what u need but when a thread is 100 pages its like searching a needle in a haystack and I really don't want to brick my device doing something, someone suggested and 10 pages later it was discovered that he was wrong and I missed it.

I know its a lot of asking but for someone who is fairly knowledgeable with android with the device I am sure that devoting a little time for people who just started experimenting with android development will do a lot of good for setting some good foundation for them to go on and one day give back to the community.

Thank you in advance.

BazzaR22
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailen View Post
I have posted it on another thread but no luck so I will post a new thread. I have tf201. Its an awesome device (aside from the week wifi signal) and I have been happily draining its battery for the last 2.5 years. However the time has come to move to a custom rom. Asus abandoned the device for no reason and things are starting to slow down and its just sad. So I am thinking of taking the big step for rooting and going to a custom Rom in order to restore the glory of this awesome device. I searched and I have concluded that perhaps the best solution is the SlimKat rom but here things get tricky. Most of the guides I have seen mention that though its a TF300 rom it is compatible with TF201 but the process only mentions guidelines for TF300 users.

So I need help and I am sure there are a couple of people out there in the same need. I am on a stock version of 4.1.1 with a 10.4.2.18 kernel. Can anyone provide a full process for doing the upgrade. And I mean a full process like rooting, installing twrp , upgrading kernel and etc. I know most people post links saying go there and you will find what u need but when a thread is 100 pages its like searching a needle in a haystack and I really don't want to brick my device doing something, someone suggested and 10 pages later it was discovered that he was wrong and I missed it.

I know its a lot of asking but for someone who is fairly knowledgeable with android with the device I am sure that devoting a little time for people who just started experimenting with android development will do a lot of good for setting some good foundation for them to go on and one day give back to the community.

Thank you in advance.
I am in the exact same position as you.
Lets hope someone can help!!!

JulioHC
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello,
I was in the same position as you. And I decided to unlock and install a new rom. I did that on July. In concrete in have installed the CROMBi-kk ROM the link in the developers section is: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2773812

To unlock is very easy. Just download the Asus app and install it in Android and follow the steps.
I Followed this link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2041627
In this link I did the unlock and the installation of Adroid SDK (this driver for the PC for recognizing the device when you start in bootloader mode).
After installing the driver I follow the post #4 in the CROMBi-kk thread to flash and install the new rom.
Sorry for my English. I donít know I have explained it ok.