[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] CWM Recovery for the Samsung Galaxy S5
Ok folks, thanks to some leakage, some awesome users/testers, Chainfire and his root magic, and me with so of mine, you all have a almost fully functioning CWM Recovery. ;)
This was built from a SM-G900F recovery dump and may or may not work on all variants. Time will tell as they actually release. ;)
Note: THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY!!! No one but yourself is responsible for what you do to your device. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
People to Thank
- koush - for his awesome recovery.
- CyanogenMod - for their hlte device repo I ported to the klte (kltexxx in this case)
- ricky310711 - for providing dumps and testing
- leoaudio13 - for providing access to device and testing
- utkanos - for his original work on hlte (which all this is based off of)
Confirmed working on:
- Write permissions to internal storage.
Confirmed not working on
How to install
- G900H - exynos
- G900V - locked bootloader (thanks Verizon!!!)
- G900A - locked bootloader (thanks AT&T!!)
How to install with Odin
adb push recovery.img /data/local/tmp/recovery.img
adb shell su -c dd if=/data/local/tmp/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
- (USB) Disconnect your phone from your computer
- Start Odin3-vX.X.exe
- Click the PDA button, and select recovery.tar.md5
- Put your phone in download mode (turn off phone, then hold VolDown+Home+Power to boot - if it asks you to press a button to continue, press the listed button, or run adb reboot download command)
- (USB) Connect the phone to your computer
- Make sure Repartition is NOT checked
- Click the Start button
- Wait for Android to boot
- Done (if it took you more than 30 seconds, you goofed)
: Sometimes the device does *not* boot into recovery mode. Just do the entire procedure again if this happens. If it still will not install, make sure that in Odin "Auto Reboot" is not checked. Then after flashing, pull the battery, and boot with VolUp+Home+Power button to boot into recovery manually. This will start the install process.
Clockworkmod Recovery, a Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy S 5
, utkanos, CyanogenMod, and Clockworkmod Teams