Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,727 Members 52,079 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Amazing battery life on ART

Tip us?

bishteca
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Battery Full Amazing battery life on ART

Swear to all gods, old and new: all I did was switch from Dalvik to ART and BAM! Instant improved battery life.
Try it for yourself. Won't hurt and you can always revert back efortlessly.

Cheers!

c0mmando
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Any other advantages/disadvantages of using ART rather than Dalvik noted? :P And what ROM are you on?

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

aviwdoowks
Old
Thanks Meter 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by bishteca View Post
Swear to all gods, old and new: all I did was switch from Dalvik to ART and BAM! Instant improved battery life.
Try it for yourself. Won't hurt and you can always revert back efortlessly.

Cheers!
I am scared to switch it on 442 unrooted x.
Are you unlocked? Rooted?

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

There are horror stories on x section.
I am Maxx'ed, X + 1/2
Moto X, Ultra, Razr M & msm8960 STUFF

-----------------------------
----------------------------------
My xt907 Noob & Goodies links

My Moto X / Ultra links

Using TapaTalk or Xda app: You Blind!, Get a Real Browser!

Android File Transfer SUCKS! Is there a no root solution for Osx? I am resorting to Parallels DeskTop-W7.

ATRIXXIRTA
Old
Thanks Meter 729
When i first got my Moto G, before I unlocked and rooted it, I switched to ART while on stock, and it worked fine.

Since then I have unlocked the bootloader, rooted, and installed some Xposed stuf.

Now when I go to switch to ART, the phone just reboots normally, doesn't update any apps, and I'm still on Dalvik??

Anyone have any ideas??
Phones: Motorola Atrix 4G ---> Samsung Galaxy Nexus (temporarily) ---> LG Optimus 3d ---> Samsung Galaxy SII LTE Skyrocket ---> LG Optimus G ---> Sony Xperia ZL ---> Motorola Moto G
My Roms/Ports: CarbonRom/CarbonClash (port): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2181390
Thanks: XDA and all its members. Without you I'd still be an uneducated bumpkin complaining about my shi**y phone.

rogeriorp
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRIXXIRTA View Post
When i first got my Moto G, before I unlocked and rooted it, I switched to ART while on stock, and it worked fine.

Since then I have unlocked the bootloader, rooted, and installed some Xposed stuf.

Now when I go to switch to ART, the phone just reboots normally, doesn't update any apps, and I'm still on Dalvik??

Anyone have any ideas??
ART is not compatible with Xposed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rogeriorp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ATRIXXIRTA
Old
Thanks Meter 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogeriorp View Post
ART is not compatible with Xposed.
ahhhhh..... gotcha.... so its either one or the other eh?

I think I will keep xposed just because I LOVE having a center clock, lol.

Thanks for that.

I knew that from when I had my Xperia ZL, but for some reason I was thinking it was device specific.
Phones: Motorola Atrix 4G ---> Samsung Galaxy Nexus (temporarily) ---> LG Optimus 3d ---> Samsung Galaxy SII LTE Skyrocket ---> LG Optimus G ---> Sony Xperia ZL ---> Motorola Moto G
My Roms/Ports: CarbonRom/CarbonClash (port): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2181390
Thanks: XDA and all its members. Without you I'd still be an uneducated bumpkin complaining about my shi**y phone.

sprockkets
Old
(Last edited by sprockkets; 8th April 2014 at 08:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRIXXIRTA View Post

Anyone have any ideas??
Can't used xposed with art. edit: late reply ninja'd already
The Following User Says Thank You to sprockkets For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aviwdoowks
Old
Thanks Meter 485
So the horrors could be only due to Xposed & other mods? Art is safe on stock?
I am Maxx'ed, X + 1/2
Moto X, Ultra, Razr M & msm8960 STUFF

-----------------------------
----------------------------------
My xt907 Noob & Goodies links

My Moto X / Ultra links

Using TapaTalk or Xda app: You Blind!, Get a Real Browser!

Android File Transfer SUCKS! Is there a no root solution for Osx? I am resorting to Parallels DeskTop-W7.

denzel09
Old
Thanks Meter 694
In past i tried both dalvik and art and, more or less, i hadthe same amazing battery time

bishteca
Old
(Last edited by bishteca; 8th April 2014 at 10:30 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0mmando View Post
Any other advantages/disadvantages of using ART rather than Dalvik noted? :P And what ROM are you on?

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk
Stock rom, unlocked bootloader and rooted.

Dual sim, by the way, so not many roms out there (if any, I think...).

I read it somewhere that ART makes apps launch slightly slower, but I didn't really feel any difference in real life usage. Maybe we're talking about miliseconds here, totally unnoticeable, mainly with skype and facebook apps, which normally take a few seconds to launch anyway. The rest are as snappy as can be.