Post Reply
Battery Full

Amazing battery life on ART

8th April 2014, 06:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 3
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Swear to all gods, old and new: all I did was switch from Dalvik to ART and BAM! Instant improved battery life.
Try it for yourself. Won't hurt and you can always revert back efortlessly.

Cheers!
8th April 2014, 06:46 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Any other advantages/disadvantages of using ART rather than Dalvik noted? :P And what ROM are you on?

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk
8th April 2014, 07:28 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 506
 
2,499 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bishteca

Swear to all gods, old and new: all I did was switch from Dalvik to ART and BAM! Instant improved battery life.
Try it for yourself. Won't hurt and you can always revert back efortlessly.

Cheers!

I am scared to switch it on 442 unrooted x.
Are you unlocked? Rooted?

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

There are horror stories on x section.
8th April 2014, 07:35 PM   |  #4  
ATRIXXIRTA's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag The Shangri-La Motel
Thanks Meter: 732
 
2,373 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
When i first got my Moto G, before I unlocked and rooted it, I switched to ART while on stock, and it worked fine.

Since then I have unlocked the bootloader, rooted, and installed some Xposed stuf.

Now when I go to switch to ART, the phone just reboots normally, doesn't update any apps, and I'm still on Dalvik??

Anyone have any ideas??
8th April 2014, 07:41 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 102
 
401 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRIXXIRTA

When i first got my Moto G, before I unlocked and rooted it, I switched to ART while on stock, and it worked fine.

Since then I have unlocked the bootloader, rooted, and installed some Xposed stuf.

Now when I go to switch to ART, the phone just reboots normally, doesn't update any apps, and I'm still on Dalvik??

Anyone have any ideas??

ART is not compatible with Xposed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rogeriorp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2014, 07:46 PM   |  #6  
ATRIXXIRTA's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag The Shangri-La Motel
Thanks Meter: 732
 
2,373 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogeriorp

ART is not compatible with Xposed.

ahhhhh..... gotcha.... so its either one or the other eh?

I think I will keep xposed just because I LOVE having a center clock, lol.

Thanks for that.

I knew that from when I had my Xperia ZL, but for some reason I was thinking it was device specific.
8th April 2014, 07:57 PM   |  #7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
81 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRIXXIRTA

When i first got my Moto G, before I unlocked and rooted it, I switched to ART while on stock, and it worked fine.

Since then I have unlocked the bootloader, rooted, and installed some Xposed stuf.

Now when I go to switch to ART, the phone just reboots normally, doesn't update any apps, and I'm still on Dalvik??

Anyone have any ideas??

Can't used xposed with art. edit: late reply ninja'd already
Last edited by sprockkets; 8th April 2014 at 08:14 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sprockkets For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2014, 08:12 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 506
 
2,499 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
So the horrors could be only due to Xposed & other mods? Art is safe on stock?
8th April 2014, 08:44 PM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Flag Venezia
Thanks Meter: 695
 
3,220 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
More
In past i tried both dalvik and art and, more or less, i hadthe same amazing battery time
8th April 2014, 10:21 PM   |  #10  
OP Member
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 3
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0mmando

Any other advantages/disadvantages of using ART rather than Dalvik noted? :P And what ROM are you on?

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

Stock rom, unlocked bootloader and rooted.

Dual sim, by the way, so not many roms out there (if any, I think...).

I read it somewhere that ART makes apps launch slightly slower, but I didn't really feel any difference in real life usage. Maybe we're talking about miliseconds here, totally unnoticeable, mainly with skype and facebook apps, which normally take a few seconds to launch anyway. The rest are as snappy as can be.
Last edited by bishteca; 8th April 2014 at 10:30 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Moto G General by ThreadRank