OP K3nshiro

4th October 2013, 03:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 29

139 posts
More
Dear Forum,

I’m having some hiccups migrating the birthdays from an old nokia 7230 to Google, and let them sync from there to a S3.
I’ve been able to transfer all the Contacts to google with *.vfc, used Nokia PC Suite to transfer Calendar (Events + Birthdays) to Outlook and from there synced with google.

I have a problem with the layout or rather the way Outlook interprets the data which was placed in the Nokia.
Outlook just places the Event on the top bar for the day it was created, not respecting the time it was scheduled for. The time of the event is mentioned, e.g. “Dentist 18:45”…it’s not a big issue, as I can just drag the event to the proper time. I hope that Google Calendar will get synced with the same alert I set in Outlook though…

For birthdays, the Nokia has a very efficient way to remind. You just enter the exact birthdate (year included) and on that specific day you get an alert for that person, showing even the age.
Now – how do you do this in Outlook or Google ? It indeed imported all the data from the Nokia, but it’s not showing the age neither the year or birth. I’ve found a few apps like Age+ or Birthdays that do exactly that.
However, if you uninstall the app those dates are gone…not good… Obviously they are backed up in Outlook/Google… but I haven’t found anything else that comes close.
I was thinking of maybe using GoogleDocs, make a formula, and link it to the cell in GoogleCalendar…not sure if that works though…
Do you maybe have another idea ?

Thank you for reading me,
Kind regards,
Ken
9th September 2014, 06:15 AM   |  #2  
Flag Narara, NSW
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
Possible fix for your calendar
This fix works for me on a Nokia Lumia 820 synching with Outlook (!Live/Hotmail).
The fault is with Outlook (!Live/Hotmail). Just follow the instructions in the attached PDF.
The PDF is for the Birthday calendar but will probably work for the others too.
Hope this works for you.
Regards,
Howard
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread