Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,152 Members 54,801 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Brand New Z1s screen issues

Tip us?

donciclon
Old
(Last edited by donciclon; 27th March 2014 at 01:40 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Brand New Z1s screen issues

I bought the Z1s about 2 days ago and have since then noticed that there is a column of pixels that appear faint going down the mid-left side of the screen. It can only be seen in very high brightness setting and is easier to spot on top of grays. Also I have the erratic touch issue i've been reading about where the screen doesn't properly register a continuous touch. Is it worth starting an exchange chain with tmobile or am i just more likely to get the same or more defects on subsequent phones?

301stSpartan
Old
Thanks Meter 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by donciclon View Post
I bought the Z1s about 2 days ago and have since then noticed that there is a column of pixels that appear faint going down the mid-left side of the screen. It can only be seen in very high brightness setting and is easier to spot on top of grays. Also I have the erratic touch issue i've been reading about where the screen doesn't properly register a continuous touch. Is it worth starting an exchange chain with tmobile or am i just more likely to get the same or more more defects on subsequent phones?
Definitely get a replacement

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk
Sony Xperia Z1 C6902
Samsung Galaxy S II i9100G
Motorola Atrix 4G MB860 - RIP (bricked)
Motorola Droid A855 - RIP (drunkenly dropped in puddle)
The Following User Says Thank You to 301stSpartan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Get replacement NOW!
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

donciclon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
Get replacement NOW!
I'm absolutely sure a malfunctioning column of pixels is a definite reason to exchange but I've read that the erratic touch responsiveness of the screen is a common issue with Z1 owners. Just out of curiosity, do you have any such issue?

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
I'm absolutely sure a malfunctioning column of pixels is a definite reason to exchange but I've read that the erratic touch responsiveness of the screen is a common issue with Z1 owners. Just out of curiosity, do you have any such issue?
Yes, I had that issue and I sent back to repair mine but they didn't fine such a issue and they scratched my phone everywhere. I solved after the FW .136 fixed the problem and I don't see the issue anymore. Sometime seem like it losing the touch but slightly. No problem at all when I gaming.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 829
Quote:
I think everyone has that issue. Especially if you took off the ASF. It happens on mine sometimes, but just turning off and on the screen fixes it.